New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives
Update with Video and Pictures
Well my Neighbor and i put the splitter through a 2 hour test today splitting 2 of the 3 stacks of wood i have pre-cut. We split approximately 4 face cords in an hour and 48 minutes. My wife kindly stacked 2 face cords while we split the rest is piled up. The total clearance between the two abutments on the 24" model is 33" so if you have two pieces that are less than this it makes it really nice about 80% of my wood was cut right at this limit the rest was over 16.5" inches. In the future i will be conscious of this. I only Ran into one piece of Knotty white oak ~20" that i could not split on the return stroke of the cylinder. I placed it on the power stroke side and it split it no problem. If your splinting wood that does not have to be re split in my case less than 10" this splitter will keep 3 people very busy. One loading wood on the lift. One on the valve, placing new wood, removing some of the split wood, and the third clearing the split wood. This splitter is far faster than the Speed pro kinetic splitter i returned which is a really poor copy of the the Super Split.
We used to split about 1.25 - 1.5 face-cord and hour.

Here is the proof sorry no video's of the catapult in action.

I love it unlike my neighbors two stage 9 hp splitter which slows down the second it hits the high pressure stage. The tractor hydraulics just plow through. There is definitely something to be said for having 30 something HP of hydraulic capacity on tap.

2012-12-23_13-25-20_934.jpg 2012-12-23_13-32-37_321.jpg 2012-12-23_15-16-15_761.jpg 2012-12-23_15-16-23_622.jpg2012-12-23_15-17-04_702.jpg 2012-12-23_15-17-26_954.jpg
Last two pictures are before and after the second face cord that was stacked is behind the large stack of wood down by where the wheelbarrow is.
2012-12-23_13-03-21_565.jpg 2012-12-23_15-34-51_818.jpg

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives #22  
Thanks for sharing the video, I was going to ask if you could make one. How much GPM is your tractor?

No problem Roger Hope you enjoyed it. The M8540 is rated at 17 GPM @ 2850 PSI at 1 SCV Total Pump flow is 23.1 GPM. I think the 1/2" quick connects are providing a slight restriction most manufactures rate them at 11 GPM per a standard pressure drop of one atmosphere of pressure or something. Its still plenty fast for me.

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives #24  
Thanks for the pictures!

Would you mind posting some key words that your youtube video is under? I can't view it in this thread because of work blocking youtube, but I can get around it by searching youtube. I tried searching "split fire 3403" but your video didn't come up. I'm dying to see it here! :laughing:

Piston,
No problem You tube key words "Split Fire 3403 3pt log splitter with log lift" Should be the first non promoted video that comes up I just edited the keywords and it took a few minutes for their index to update. my user name is xring100 same as this forum
Here is the link
Split Fire 3403 3pt log splitter with log lift - YouTube

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives #26  
Piston,
No problem You tube key words "Split Fire 3403 3pt log splitter with log lift" Should be the first non promoted video that comes up I just edited the keywords and it took a few minutes for their index to update. my user name is xring100 same as this forum
Here is the link
Split Fire 3403 3pt log splitter with log lift - YouTube

:censored:
Looks like my company is catching on! I couldn't get around the "block". Hmmmm....this means war! :smiley_aafz:

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives #27  
Dave, I did notice those abutments on your OP. That all makes sense, mine works well enough for me not to want to frig with it (for now ;) ). I have to admit though that log lift is pretty sweet! Yours is noticeably faster as well, not a lot faster I don't think but there is definitely a difference. Awesome machines no matter how you split it!! (pun? what pun?) ;)

Dave, I did notice those abutments on your OP. That all makes sense, mine works well enough for me not to want to frig with it (for now ;) ). I have to admit though that log lift is pretty sweet! Yours is noticeably faster as well, not a lot faster I don't think but there is definitely a difference. Awesome machines no matter how you split it!! (pun? what pun?) ;)

Hi Maine,
The Log lift is a pretty straight forward add on i believe its list price is $500 for the kit. It requires you to weld on a couple tabs and install the hydraulic valve and hoses. Here are the instructions on how to add it.
log lift installation instructions

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives #29  
I really like that splitter. Watching it in action I can see the two way action really speeds things up. I can see a split-fire in my future. I'd have to use a pto pump to get the same kinda speed from my mx5100 though....

/ New Splitfire 3403 3pt Log Splitter has arrived with 4way and 2way knives #30  
:censored:
Looks like my company is catching on! I couldn't get around the "block". Hmmmm....this means war! :smiley_aafz:

The company I work for started blocking ebay for some people but not others.