New TBN iPhone app attachment

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #11  
Glad you guys found the app, and are (so far) enjoying it. :thumbsup:

I personally use an Android phone and find browsing the forum on it to be slow and a bit of a hassle. Since iPhone was our most popular mobile platform, we started with that and yes, it works on the iPad the same.

Our developer is working on an Android app as well and expects it to be done by the end of fall.

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment
After using the new app for a couple of weeks, I fiind I no longer use Safari at all to access TBN. By that measure I'd say the new app is clearly superior both in speed and readability on the small screen.

For feedback, I have a few points and wish list items: 1) it would be nice to be able to set the individual "my home" screen on the default start screen rather than just the main index. 2) if I recall correctly, I could interupt writing a reply or post in Safari to take a call on the iphone and then go back to finish writing/editing. With the new app, if someone calls me before I finish the post I lose all the text/edits. That may be an iphone issue with multitasking but I don't recall that being a problem when using Safari. 3) Profiles on the app don't reflect what is in profiles on line. 4) there really is no need for a logout softkey on the main screen as just closing the app does the same thing. I'd prefer substituting "my home" or "subscribed" for example and relegating logout to the "more" section.

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #13  
After using the new app for a couple of weeks, I fiind I no longer use Safari at all to access TBN. By that measure I'd say the new app is clearly superior both in speed and readability on the small screen.

For feedback, I have a few points and wish list items: 1) it would be nice to be able to set the individual "my home" screen on the default start screen rather than just the main index. 2) if I recall correctly, I could interupt writing a reply or post in Safari to take a call on the iphone and then go back to finish writing/editing. With the new app, if someone calls me before I finish the post I lose all the text/edits. That may be an iphone issue with multitasking but I don't recall that being a problem when using Safari. 3) Profiles on the app don't reflect what is in profiles on line. 4) there really is no need for a logout softkey on the main screen as just closing the app does the same thing. I'd prefer substituting "my home" or "subscribed" for example and relegating logout to the "more" section.

Excellent points there IT;)

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #14  
Muhammad said:

I personally use an Android phone and find browsing the forum on it to be slow and a bit of a hassle. Since iPhone was our most popular mobile platform, we started with that and yes, it works on the iPad the same.

Our developer is working on an Android app as well and expects it to be done by the end of fall.

Because of the small font in the device browsers (Safari, Atomic, iCab) on my iPhone4, and even on my iPad, I use my net book (Windows7 and OSX) or iMac to visit TBN. Since other family members were using the iMac and net book, I thought I'd use my iPad to visit. Imagine my surprise when I got the pop up message about the TBN client! The graphics, particularly on the iPhone4, are stunning and this is a much, much better way to read TBN. Even with the ability to stretch the screen on iDevices, the browser interface just doesn't work well for browsing. First class job!

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #15  

Is a blackberry app on the horizon???

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #16  
Is a blackberry app on the horizon???

From the developer's website....

Currently, Forum Runner supports the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Future versions will include Android and Blackberry support.

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #18  
From the developer's website....

Currently, Forum Runner supports the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Future versions will include Android and Blackberry support.

cool!!!
I use the DROID X now... and this is great news!!!

J

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment #19  
So how DO you post photos using the Iphone? It would be neat to be able to post a 'project' while your actually doing it. :thumbsup:

/ New TBN iPhone app attachment
Piston said:
So how DO you post photos using the Iphone? It would be neat to be able to post a 'project' while your actually doing it. :thumbsup:

When creating or replying to a post there us an "attachments" bubble in the left upper corner. Click it and you can access the library of photos on the iPhone itself and then attach it. Confusing because once you do that you then need to hit the oddly named "new reply" button to go back to your message to post it.

Attachments

• image-2202018512.png
    image-2202018512.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited: