New to diesel & 4x4

/ New to diesel & 4x4 #41  
<font color="blue"> the dealer told him it was because that red dye plugged his fuel filter </font>
Bird,
Over the years changing different filters from different tractors, I have come to the conclusion that the reason that some thinks that the dyed off-road plugs their filter is that they have fuel alga in it and the dye makes it just that much easier to see on the filter. My not be right, but that is the way that it seems to be from my observations.

/ New to diesel & 4x4 #42  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the reason that some thinks that the dyed off-road plugs their filter is that they have fuel alga in it and the dye makes it just that much easier to see on the filter )</font>

That makes sense to me. You very well may be right. They guy who told me his new John Deere had that problem twice didn't mention how old the fuel was. And my fuel distributor who told me the dyed fuel didn't keep well, ought to use it within a month, may have said that for the same reason, but I didn't question him any further since I didn't intend to use the dyed fuel myself anyway.

/ New to diesel & 4x4
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just purchased a great little funnel, Mr. Funnel. I only bought the really small plastic one (non-conductive) at $10.99 plus shipping, I think the total was $19.99 and worth every cent.
Mr. Funnel )</font>

Hi John. I'm going to buy one also. "?". Do you like the size you bought or wish you got the medium. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New to diesel & 4x4 #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you like the size you bought or wish you got the medium. Thanks )</font> I like the small one just fine. My gas tank is rather high up and a larger one would just make it harder to make the extra reach. I can pretty well pour it in fast enough without spilling over. I do find a lot of specs of trash in the funnel after filling as well. John

/ New to diesel & 4x4
"?". I'm going to be getting my first diesel fuel can filled soon. Should I put the Power Service in B4 or after I fill? I would think that adding it B4 would mix it real well. Thanks.

/ New to diesel & 4x4 #46  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would think that adding it B4 would mix it real well )</font>

I'm sure that's right, but I also think it really won't matter whether you add it before or after. It'll get mixed just fine either way.