New to Kioti forum and

/ New to Kioti forum and
Hey guys the choices are getting hard. Here is where I am at & I need to make a decision very soon. Please give me your input. Here is what I am down to:

Mahindra 2815HST with ML111 loader 5 Ft Buhler finish mower and 5ft box blade

Dealer #1 $ 16,975 less trade in net cash $ 14,175
Dealer #2 $ 15,850 less trade in net cash $ 14,400

Kubota L2800HST with LA 463 loader Land Pride 5ft finish mower and 5ft box blade

Dealer #3 $ 16,908 less trade in net cash $ 14,200
Dealer #4 $ 18,322 less trade in net cash $ 15,522

Kioti CK30HST with KL130 Loader, Kioti 5 Ft finish mower and 5ft box blade

Dealer #5 $ 16,439 less trade in net cash ??

I have driven all of the tractors & any can handle the work I need now and (I believe) down the road as best I can see. All felt solid, handled well, ran smooth, loader controls felt good. I felt comfortable in the seat, good leg room, ect.

Dealer # 1 is about 50 miles away. Large dealership, very knowledgeable and I have a “good comfort level” with him

Dealer # 2 is local-only 5 miles away and is very eager for my business. He did not have a 2815 in stock and would incur substantial freight charges to get one from another dealer. He is willing to split the freight cost to make the deal. If we can not agree on the price, he is still very comfortable in servicing it-no hard feelings if I don’t buy there.

Dealer # 3 is also local (about 15 miles away). He has been in business for many years with a good reputation.

Dealer #4 (about 40 miles away) also has a good reputation, but higher on his price.

The Kioti dealer is a young man who has only been in business as a dealer for a few years, but seems very knowledgeable and is steadily building his business. He stated that his mechanics have attended national training classes for Kioti and have had years of experience at other local dealerships before joining him. I checked the man out with a good neighbor of mine who has known him for many years & speaks highly of him. He is coming out tonight to look at my trade in and give me a firm net cash price. If his price is in the ball park, it will be a tough decision.

PS I made a mistake on my earlier thread on the Kioti forum for the CK25 & the CK30. Those prices were for the tractor & loader only, not the attachments. Dealer said he understated the pricing in the above quote, but he would stick to it since that is what he gave me.

/ New to Kioti forum and #12  
One quick question. When at the Kioti Dealer did you check out the CK35? It sounds like you are considering purchasing soon and Kioti has a Free FEL with the CK35 which uses the KL130 Loader, I beleive if purchased before June 30.

The only reason I ask is that I was looking at some of the same tractors and with the Free FEL the CK35HST should be slightly less than $16,000 and if I remember the HP is 34 engine and 26 PTO, about 600 lbs heaver and greater pump capacity and flow rate.

Not trying to sway your decision, however with the free FEL it did change mine so I thought I would offer it as a suggestion. It's HUGE compaired to the others I drove (more leg room too), and with your trade added in it might be at or under the price of the others.

Good Luck...

/ New to Kioti forum and
Sorry, I forgot to post that. I did check on the availability. Dealer could get it but it would require him to place a second full order before the end of June. Like I said before he is a relatively new dealer and does not yet have the volume and cash flow to do this. He is really stretching to make the deal with me. He just confirmed net cash price with my trade in of $ 14,200 which matches the best offer from Mahindra & Kubota. I did check with a couple of other dealers-none had the speical in stock and would also have to incurr substantial freight cost to get from another dealer or place another full order from Kiotio to save on the freight cost.

/ New to Kioti forum and #14  
People here seem quite happy with Kioti. The kubota would probably be better for resale though - the big 3 do seem to do better on resale. How does loader lift compare?

I'd definitely get HST for mowing, unless you were doing farm mowing on a utility tractor. Which wouldn't have HST anyway.... I find I back up a lot while mowing.

And as someone above posted, you really should get a landscape rake.

/ New to Kioti forum and
Charlesaf3,

FEL work is not the major use for the tractor for now, but from the specs that I got from comparing the tractors lift capacity at 24 inches in front of the lift point is:

Mahindra 1300 ??
Kubota 1435
Kioti 1764

These may not be the best measurement or most important-jsut waht I was able to pick up. The guys that have experience may want to jump in here. I would appreciate your input if I have stated anything incorrectly, I would welcome your setting me straight.

The reason I am concentrating on the box blade is that I have some rough areas in the pasture which I would like to smooth out and I am told that the box blade would do the job for me. As for the rock drive, ect I thought I would try the box balde first and see if it would do the job. If not, then, yes I would look into a landscape rake. Thanks for the observation.

/ New to Kioti forum and #16  
I recommend purchasing the largest capacities you can afford. You'd be amazed at how quickly you'll be looking for more loader capacity, just the way things work out.

/ New to Kioti forum and #17  
Artp,

I looked at the same tractors before deciding on the CK30. The L2800 seemed more confined(@ 6'4") & more of a basic tractor. However the Grand L (to me) was more of a close match in features to the CK30, but the price was 4K more. Like mentioned above, make sure the loader is the newer up-grade. Mine has cracked, but i have been working the bejesus out of it(toothbar diggng slate/rock out of a bank) with no further creeping. I have over 200 hrs on mine, and am considering a trade up to a DK40 hst(that dang low financing option is getting to me) becaue i really need a bigger bucket. I didn't go with the Mahindra because of no dealer nearby & i just can't take red for long periods of time.......:D
Btw, go with a 6' havy duty box, i did & have no regrets. The loader is capable of lifting a 4x5 bale of hay. Real world capacity in the bucket of around 1000-1200 lbs.
Good luck
RD

/ New to Kioti forum and
New Tractor Owner!!!:)

This was a really tough call. I was blessed with three good tractor choices and three good dealers, but like many have posted before it finally comes down to a 澱est fit gut feel and I decided to go with the Kioti CK30HST with the KL130 FEL, weighted R-1s, 5 Ft Kioti RFM and 5 Ft box blade. Also popping for a sunshade-wife insisted with all the seat time we are planning. We are scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I will post pictures soon.

Many, many thanks to all who replied to my many questions. You are are a great bunch of guys!!

/ New to Kioti forum and #19  
I get to be the first to say "welcome to the pack":)
It's a great machine.
try not to "work" too hard.
Tom

/ New to Kioti forum and
Thanks, Dodgeram. This forum is terrific and everyone has been very helpful to me. I really appreciate it & I know I will enjoy both the tractor & good postings on this forum for many years.