new to me 03 century 2535

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #91  
Nice you got the old beast working good! It should last you a while once you've caught up with the lack of maintenance done by previous owner!

/ new to me 03 century 2535
Thanks 52wej, I probably have less travel than that. I will readjust it completely and see if that helps. It's not really an issue, I just turn the tractor off engage then on again. removed safety start switch from PTO lever. just an annoyance.

Ya, the tractors running great now. really just the head gasket and all the hydraulics were the issue. Last thing left to do is drain the front axle and refill.

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #93  
OP would you mind sharing where you got the head gasket from? I believe I blew mine today and can’t seem to find a parts source.

OP would you mind sharing where you got the head gasket from? I believe I blew mine today and can’t seem to find a parts source.
sorry, I didn't see this till now. I got it at reed and reed sales. this is probably one if the easiest heads to take off and put back.

I just looked and looks like they are sold out. might try calling and see if they can order one anyway

Last edited:
I finally decided to bring the tractor home and do a full work up on it. New lights all the way around, engine oil, fix the 3 point cylinder leaking by and new hoses all around. Also put on some 2k flood lights, new seat, replaced front axle gear oil. Pulled the steering orbital valve off to get rebuilt as well. Went top to bottom and grease every fitting i could find. Replaced all fuses. New FEL cables, air filter. Degreased and cleaned the radiator plus flush and fill. That really needed it. Drained and cleaned the steering system. Fresh battery.
Surprisingly the inside of the trans looks brand new still.
IMG_0708.jpeg

Once it’s all back together this will be a 100% tractor. Yay!!!
IMG_0721.jpeg
IMG_0720.jpeg
IMG_0709.jpeg
IMG_0704.jpeg
IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg
IMG_0700.jpeg

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #96  
Good to see that you're still working on it. I haven't started mine in months, and probably wont until Spring when I pull the sprayer. I'm not sure what else to do with it. I don't need it, but it's not worth enough to sell.

Good to see that you're still working on it. I haven't started mine in months, and probably wont until Spring when I pull the sprayer. I'm not sure what else to do with it. I don't need it, but it's not worth enough to sell.
What model you have? I might be interested. Mine has been good to me so far except piss poor previous owners. Really I’m just ocd about stuff and it bugs me when something doesn’t work quite right until i fix it.

Cut open the wix filter for hydraulic. It had a spring at the bottom but no relief valve at the bottom like oem. I prayed it open with a screwdriver but not meant to come off. Maybe the whole filter slid down for the bypass. Either way this one made the hydraulic pump whine on really cold starts. Put the napa one on this go round. Will see how it reacts this winter. If you look at previous post i show the inside of oem.
IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpeg
    IMG_0727.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
Forgot to add my 3 point piston. Think it was blowing by lol. No wonder my loader moved so slow. It was all blowing through the 3 point.
IMG_0728.jpeg

/ new to me 03 century 2535 #100  
I have the same tractor. 2003 Century 2535 4x4, but without a loader. I bought it to bush hog my land when I bought it, and that's what it was mostly used for. Now I have a bigger tractor and a 12 foot batwing, so the Century just sits there.

I also have the issue with the 3 point bouncing. It's something I should fix one of these days, but it's way too far down on my list of things that I need to get done that it will probably never happen. Most of my issues have been electrical. I've removed almost all of the wires and have it down to the bare minimum.