3-Point Hitch New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #1  

lancems007

Tractor
2013 Kubota B2920 TLB
I picked up a low-hour(59) 2013 B2920 TLB from a private sale over the weekend and I'm trying to get to know it. The tractor did not come with a 3pt hitch and I'd like to purchase one. The local dealer is telling me I can't purchase a factory 3pt hitch kit and instead need to buy all the parts separately, which equates to almost $1,000. This doesn't seem right.

Does anyone have any experience with the factory 3pt hitches? Is there a suitable aftermarket replacement if not?

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #2  
I don't know about the B but the BX has a kit available and you can find them on ebay from time to time. I can't believe no kit is available for a tractor that doesn't include one. Have you called Messick or someone like that?

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #3  
I had a B2920 TLB like you describe. Google kubota whole goods and go through it to find hitch kit original reference number. Since it is a discontinued model it may no longer be available as a direct source item/kit to dealers.

I would suggest asking dealer if the newer and very similar model 2601 3pt kit would work. Or if kit for prior B2620 which is also same frame as B2920 is available.

Finally, I would also check with a different dealer or two for additional and better feedback.

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question
I had a B2920 TLB like you describe. Google kubota whole goods and go through it to find hitch kit original reference number. Since it is a discontinued model it may no longer be available as a direct source item/kit to dealers.

I would suggest asking dealer if the newer and very similar model 2601 3pt kit would work. Or if kit for prior B2620 which is also same frame as B2920 is available.

Finally, I would also check with a different dealer or two for additional and better feedback.

What exactly is Kubota Whole Goods? Can a customer order directly through KWG?

I found a link to download the Whole Goods PDF and I can't find anything in there about 3pt hitch arms.

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #5  
The 3pt is standard on the B's so I don't thinks it's offered as a kit. Look into if the B26tlb components will fit, those should have the 3pt assembly available separately but are based on the larger B2630/2650 frame.
The kit number for the B26 is b3941 but you would want to check fitment.

Did the previous owner lose or sell the 3pt parts? They should have come with it.

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #6  
It would be helpful to answering your question, LANCEMS007, if you had your STATE included in your TBN profile.

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #7  
What exactly is Kubota Whole Goods? Can a customer order directly through KWG?

I found a link to download the Whole Goods PDF and I can't find anything in there about 3pt hitch arms.

You are correct there is no reference/availability for 3pt. arms among options available. I downloaded a a version and looked through it so other than that dead end, I can only suggest researching other similar models for compatibility, looking for a used set (eBay maybe?) and trying another dealer or two for better help. You should find a 3pt for less than $1,000.

I ran into something similar for a FEL quick hitch for my Massey which was no longer available in their whole goods via a salesman and if I wanted to buy all the parts from parts desk the cost was way out of line. However, in this case I can go aftermarket, which is better in price, but still about double the cost if the option, would have been added as a OEM option at time of original purchase by previous owner.

Keep searching eventually you will get it worked out. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm from PA.

The original owner never got the hardware with it when they purchased it. Not knowing any better, the dealer probably just sold it to someone who needed it. The previous owner never removed the backhoe or loader, so they didn't miss the hardware. I will be removing it at some point, so I have to figure something out. I found an aftermarket option on Ebay but I'm leary.

/ New to me Kubota B2920 3pt question #9  
Messick's is one of the premier Kubota dealer in the USA. Messick's has five locations in Pennsylvania.

You will get good advice from Messick's. Messick's sells Kubota parts on line via on-line parts manuals.

Messicks | Your home for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota & More...

I actually spoke with Messicks today. Helpful folks for sure. Looks like the hitch was supposed to come with the tractor and as such, Kubota won't sell via Whole Goods..... So...I'm stuck with three choices. Pay for each part individually, which is crazy expensive. Find a used hitch somewhere. Or find a suitable aftermarket option.