Oil & Fuel New to me YM2500

/ New to me YM2500 #61  
:) so the cover that you would have to remove is the one above the fuel pump connected to the crank case vent. I am trying to find more info on this pump as well but no dice.

JD = CH10660
YM2610 = 721150-51700 (to get that 1 more Hp)
Komatsu =

YM2500/YM3000 = 721250-51700

/ New to me YM2500 #63  
long time no update.

so I took the governor linkage cover off to inspect and it was LOOSE!!! :-/ but it could have been worse if the little nut fell into the motor so I am thankful to have caught it. Ok so looking at the repair manual it says there is supposed to be a mark on the sliding rail of the fuel pump but I am not able to find the punch mark on the slide so not sure what to do. any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Service manual fuel injection device 2TR-2T-3T series (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
   / New to me YM2500 #64  
thank you for that info. . looks like I will be making a call to Hoye on Monday if I don't find anything out this weekend as this appears to be the exact Pump I have. INJECTOR PUMP --NEW! CH10679 CH10660 OUT OF STOCK

Right now there are sooooo many things out-of-stock everywhere for Ag and industrial machines.

There is a member here, thepumpguysc who will rebuilt your fuel injector pump. There is a 2 week turn around time. It takes 2 weeks because of the speed of the USPS. LOL He's a semi-retired injector and hydraulics technician with several decades of experience. Basically he has seen it all. He knows our Japan gray tractors really well too.

It's windy and raining here. Once it lets up, I'll get my machine out.

/ New to me YM2500 #65  
thank you for that info. . looks like I will be making a call to Hoye on monday if I don't find anything out this weekend as this appears to be the exact Pump I have. INJECTOR PUMP --NEW! CH10679 CH10660 OUT OF STOCK

Oh, since you took the injector pump off, the Hoye website has a procedure on how to bleed the fuel system to get the engine started again. It's an important document.

/ New to me YM2500
Right now there are sooooo many things out-of-stock everywhere for Ag and industrial machines.

There is a member here, thepumpguysc who will rebuilt your fuel injector pump. There is a 2 week turn around time. It takes 2 weeks because of the speed of the USPS. LOL He's a semi-retired injector and hydraulics technician with several decades of experience. Basically he has seen it all. He knows our Japan gray tractors really well too.

It's windy and raining here. Once it lets up, I'll get my machine out.
Yes, he did an amazing job on my pump :) so I know the pump is good but he was unable to help unfortunately with the markings.. oh well Monday will come soon and I'm sure Hoye had a process on where to line this up.

/ New to me YM2500
Thank you so much for that. I will give it a read and see if there are any insights i can pick up.

/ New to me YM2500 #68  
Thank you so much for that. I will give it a read and see if there are any insights i can pick up.

OK, I looked at my machine. There really isn't room to get a camera in there even with the cover above the fuel pump off. And to take the cover off, the pump or lines needs to be removed.

So, I poked around the web. Hoye has their own forum called YMOwners. See this thread.

Another thread

Some more insights

/ New to me YM2500
OK, I looked at my machine. There really isn't room to get a camera in there even with the cover above the fuel pump off. And to take the cover off, the pump or lines needs to be removed.

So, I poked around the web. Hoye has their own forum called YMOwners. See this thread.

Another thread

Some more insights
So I reached out to Hoye and they were also unsure of where it needs to be so it looks like I am going to be doing what the John Deer 850 post did :-/ its just a pain because there are gaskets in the way etc but will get it done and let ya know how it turns out. I'm also in the process of replacing the friction disk as well so I still have a little bit to do

/ New to me YM2500
So I put everything back together but really wanted to make sure that the linkage was all tight and not going to cause any problems. Well I always thought that the throttle was hard to push and pull so I took it apart to change out the friction disk and check it out. Well of course the ball detent was missing and a washer was in the place of a friction disk which was causing the part where a ball detent is supposed to not be there and just causing friction against the metal. Well I called Hoye to see if I could get a new spring but they don't have any in stock does anyone have any idea of a replacement equivalent that I might be able to get locally?