New Tractor Dealer Expectations?

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations?
I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the hair cut adage. I didn't mean to.
There are two other Kobuta dealers not too far that I can check out. I did hear that that 10-15% off retail should be the right amount. I'm at 10%, so I'm probably close.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #32  
Chuck,
you have brought back memories of my L3800 purchase that was done this time of year 3 years ago. Rumor had it that the Kubota dealer nearest me was pricey. :shocked: But I wanted a Kubota. So I left the checkbook home ( which is good advice) like someone else mentioned on this thread. At the dealership, I did not go in and ask for help, I just started knocking snow off the seat of a tractor I thought was just right for me. I had about 10 minutes of time to find what I wanted, Out comes my salesman without his jacket on a cold snowy morning. Right there I know he wants to sell and he knows I am serious. I want the tractor, he wants to sell and the tractor is talking to me, It was the perfect storm.
He started it and left me to go get his Jacket. Then after my trial run we went inside and he gave me a price. At some point I told him I need a day to think things over and I went home. Also when we were talking money I asked about attachments specifically the BH77 backhoe. He gave me written quotes. This is good because the dealer doesn't want to scare you away with really high totals. I bought the backhoe that July and he stuck to his quote which by then I new was good.
Next morning I knew for sure I was doing the right thing and called to tell him I'm on my way in to make the deal. Have not had one day of buyers remorse. :cool:

I didn't plan any of my actions just went in with the attitude that " A certain amount of money is going to have to change hands for this to work" and I'm serious. Good luck in your purchase.

Thanks all for your very good advice. I'm very close to pull the trigger. My wife even wants me to go for it.
But I'm cheap, and I'll try to sqeeze something else out of the dealer.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #34  
You can literally drive yourself nuts trying to save a few bucks here or there. My wife finally said she was sick of hearing about tractors and to either go buy one or shut the **** up about it. I took her advice, it was kinda consuming all of my free time driving here, driving there. In the end I made the deal over the phone and had it delivered. Never saw the dealership.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #35  
Hey Chuck, just out of curiosity (and I'm not criticizing, nor am I against Kubota, they make a decent machine) ... is it just the orange paint, the "Kubota" name, or the specific dealership that has you swayed? If it's the orange paint, Kioti might give you a stronger tractor at a better price point. You talk about "value" and bring up price alot. I'm a verified cheap-skate myself, so I'm a bit surprised that a fellow "budget-shopper" like myself would be so sold on any particular machine without at least seeing what the other brands have to offer, both in capabilities & price.

Again, not criticizing ... I'm happy if you're happy ... I'm just curious about your process.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #36  
Last fall I purchased a Mahindra Max 22 TLB. I did my research decided which tractors fit my budget then set out to buy one. I checked with the guy selling the orange brand he wanted $20K no deals at it was on promotion. The green guy was almost 15% more, no deals even if I wanted the green I would have found another dealer. The red guy wanted $22,400 I told him that I was looking at the orange tractor and that was my budget, he said give me a couple of minutes I call you back. Ten minutes later he called back to match the orange deal. I said throw in the mechincal thumb and you got a deal, we closed the deal and I picked her up a couple days later. I'm thrilled with the Mahindra, considerably stronger than an orange machine I had rented.

I settled on the Kubota. I'll end up paying $16,625 from a closer dealer. I'm happy with the price. I really didn't look at the Mahindra, or Kiote, or LS. Don't really know why-not. I'm a bit familiar with the Kubota, have heard great things about them.
Thanks Chim for letting me know my first price as too high. I'll be putting the deposit down tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for the input.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #38  
Congrats on the new ride. Kubota makes a fine machine.

/ New Tractor Dealer Expectations? #39  
chuck,

I think it can be safely said that Kubota tractors are what we all compare the other brands against. I am sure you will be very happy.

Wolftree, I see in your signature you've been threw the mill looking for the right tractor "no longer searching" So you understand. thanks