New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements.

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #11  
I would like to see some pictures!
What does it weigh? Do you have a way of transporting it if it ever needs work?
One thing about bigger machines, is that the correctly sized implements cost a lot more and are harder to find used than typical compact tractor implements.

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #12  
I think you bought exactly the right size. Better to have HP and not need it than to need it and not have it. Life is so much easier with extra HP. It can also be the perfect reason to buy more acreage or even move to a small farm and maybe that's in the back of your mind. It was for me and bigger tractors led to bigger plans.

Sure could use some pics.

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements.
Thanks for your inquiries and the comment. The K brochure spec for the M5-111HDC12 puts the weight at 7033Lbs. The dealer at times has complimentary P U and Delvy if needed for their customers. So far there has been multiple sources (brands) of implements and having a loader with the quick attach feature, as most equipment has now, makes it fairly easy to choose multiple manufacturers. As far as I know the rear CAT 2 with telescoping lower link ends and telescopic stabilizers also helps use different implement sources as well. Yes bigger items can cost more and hopefully you can deal with that going into a purchase, I believe in the end you get what you pay for. Only time can say if this tractor purchase was good move or not. Hopefully it will be a positive experience but for now I will admit in the meantime I am having fun which for me is an important aspect of life. Good luck on your farming.

In an odd coincidence I had considered the very same logic you just spoke of " bigger tractors need bigger land ". My property is long and narrow and very flat w/o tight spaces. Yes I wish I could move to more open territory and do larger scale farming. I have seen many You Tube videos of large farming from tilling to harvesting which has reinforced my farming enthusiasm to a greater extent. Some of the equipment I see in these videos makes my M5-111 look like a toy. But hey it is a harder life but satisfying hopefully so far now I will do my hobby farming here until I can see where I want to be. You have a lot of equipment, must be great to have a selection to choose from..very nice!

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #15  
In an odd coincidence I had considered the very same logic you just spoke of " bigger tractors need bigger land ". My property is long and narrow and very flat w/o tight spaces. Yes I wish I could move to more open territory and do larger scale farming. I have seen many You Tube videos of large farming from tilling to harvesting which has reinforced my farming enthusiasm to a greater extent. Some of the equipment I see in these videos makes my M5-111 look like a toy. But hey it is a harder life but satisfying hopefully so far now I will do my hobby farming here until I can see where I want to be. You have a lot of equipment, must be great to have a selection to choose from..very nice!

Oh garagehound3 . . . I think some are jealous . . . :laughing: . . . A brand new M5 . . . :thumbsup: . . . take some pics! not everybody list all their equipment. ;)

Unfortunately I'm still a noob to the reply format here and hopefully my replies are getting back to the original responders to my initial post. I guess I will have to learn how to post some pics of the orange beast. I noticed you're in OR, we put a deposit on a 5 acre property in C P on Old Stage Road in 2016 but the sale fell threw. A few months later we just missed making an offer on the property we so wanted in the same area. It was 3 acres flat w a "huge" shop on Ross lane between Medford and Jacksonville. I was surprised how hot it can get there during the summer. Thanks for your comments!

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #17  
Unfortunately I'm still a noob to the reply format here and hopefully my replies are getting back to the original responders to my initial post. I guess I will have to learn how to post some pics of the orange beast. I noticed you're in OR, we put a deposit on a 5 acre property in C P on Old Stage Road in 2016 but the sale fell threw. A few months later we just missed making an offer on the property we so wanted in the same area. It was 3 acres flat w a "huge" shop on Ross lane between Medford and Jacksonville. I was surprised how hot it can get there during the summer. Thanks for your comments!

:thumbsup: . . . I'm much north of where you are talking about . . .

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #18  

And I started as you did. I bought a Farmall H many moons ago on an in-town rural house lot. Changed the narrow front end to wide and hired myself out for garden plowing. Then came a farm, then a bigger farm, a still bigger farm and commercial enterprise. Now on the flip side and slowing down to less and less. It's been a lot of fun with minimal turmoil and lots to reflect on. Hobby farming can be very profitable once you learn the ropes.

Machinery is good. Farms and land are good and are true wealth. The lifestyle and lessons it teaches are priceless and cannot be bought elsewhere. The Kubota you bought is one of the best.

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #19  
I took delivery on a new Kubota M5-111HDC12 w R4 tires and a 1854 loader yesterday. I chose several options for the cab. I'm installing an after market ASA CD/Radio w/Blue tooth, front/rear camera w 9' color monitor and two rear roof bracket mounted selectable mode warning beacons. Early last year I bought a 2018 Kubota L2501 w various implements. At times I discovered I needed more power and underestimated the capability of this tractor which is on me for not doing my homework. It is a good tractor and the implements worked as expected in all but a couple of instances. One major problem I posted about and received helpful responses but it remained a frequent battle to put the transmission into gear as I was told "it is the nature of the beast". After talking with friends who own tractors and conducting more research I decided to upgrade to a stronger tractor. I was told by reliable sources if you need more power do not go to the next level but go to a higher level by 3 or 4 times which you have now. So the tractor now is a 100Hp Vs 25Hp and the loader lift capacity is 2 tons Vs 1/2 ton. Yeh I took a bath on the trade in values with the dealer however they took everything promptly and I did not have to deal w major haggling over prices trying to a private sale or deal w the no shows or the uncertainty when I would get everything sold. Also I did not have to worry about dudes traipsing through my shop casing the place either. At this point all I want to do is get my land ready to plant some type of crop by clearing a bunch of large old tree stumps and non producing fruit trees and brush. Although I only have a few acres the soil here is great for crops. I am looking into low or no tillage farming. I will be using a Blue Diamond severe duty tump bucket to remove the tree stumps. I had some tree stumps ground last year but over time the ground sank and on one stump new chutes (suckers) are just starting to appear. Where I took the stump out completely and back filled it the soil is still level and no new growth is visible. It will take sometime to adjust to this bigger tractor but I should not have to worry about lack of power and it shifts very smoothly and the steering mounted directional electronic shuttle makes it convenient for loader work. In a couple weeks I will be receiving a L P RCR1884 rotary cutter and a L P SA20 hydraulic post hole digger. I welcome any advice about running this new tractor.

I'm jealous. Nothing wrong with that size of tractor.

I tried to justify a larger tractor with more hp but just couldn't see it working for my situation. Maybe in time after I use my L3301 I might change my mind. I have 5 yr loan so I'm hoping I got the right tractor. :laughing:

/ New tractor, good bye to first tractor and implements. #20  
I'm jealous. Nothing wrong with that size of tractor.

I tried to justify a larger tractor with more hp but just couldn't see it working for my situation. Maybe in time after I use my L3301 I might change my mind. I have 5 yr loan so I'm hoping I got the right tractor. :laughing:

Is this a good time to mention that I traded my L3301 with two years left on the loan?:laughing: