New tractor hauler

/ New tractor hauler
Thanks guys, can't wait to put a trailer behind her

/ New tractor hauler
Filled up for the first time yesterday got a hand calculated 18.6 mpg with a good mix of highway and around town driving.

/ New tractor hauler #13  
Filled up for the first time yesterday got a hand calculated 18.6 mpg with a good mix of highway and around town driving.

Good mileage, much better than the 6.0 would have gotten.

/ New tractor hauler #14  
Good mileage, much better than the 6.0 would have gotten.

+1 the 6.0 I had was terrible, best I ever got was 14. All highway at 70 mph or less. Towing anything of any size was 7 or less, plowing heavy wet snow was like 3. The only + to that truck was plenty of power. That truck was sold very quickly! Be happy you got the D max! CJ

/ New tractor hauler #15  
+1 the 6.0 I had was terrible, best I ever got was 14. All highway at 70 mph or less. Towing anything of any size was 7 or less, plowing heavy wet snow was like 3. The only + to that truck was plenty of power. That truck was sold very quickly! Be happy you got the D max! CJ

My College Roommate came over last night. He bought a 2015 2500 4x4 crew cab with the 6.0. His dash was showing 11.3. He pulled his 25' camper to Bristol and only got 6 mpg. I could not believe it was that terrible.

Chris

/ New tractor hauler
I for sure am pleasantly surprised with the mileage. Believe the factory brake controller and exhaust brake are going to make towing a pleasure.

/ New tractor hauler #17  
My College Roommate came over last night. He bought a 2015 2500 4x4 crew cab with the 6.0. His dash was showing 11.3. He pulled his 25' camper to Bristol and only got 6 mpg. I could not believe it was that terrible.

Chris

I would leave my house heading to Canada pulling a pontoon [small one, single axle trailer] and by the time I got to Sault Ste Marie, the low fuel light would be on! 150 miles. Not good. It would take me 3 fill ups to do a 480 mile trip without pulling the boat back. If I pulled it back I would have to stop before I got to the house or risk running out of fuel. Yea it was that bad! CJ

/ New tractor hauler #18  
I would leave my house heading to Canada pulling a pontoon [small one, single axle trailer] and by the time I got to Sault Ste Marie, the low fuel light would be on! 150 miles. Not good. It would take me 3 fill ups to do a 480 mile trip without pulling the boat back. If I pulled it back I would have to stop before I got to the house or risk running out of fuel. Yea it was that bad! CJ

That is awful. I can pull my 9,700# boat at 70 mph and get 9 mpg with my F150 Ecoboost. That gives me a comfortable 200 mile range with my 26 gallon fuel tank.

Chris

/ New tractor hauler

That is lousy mileage.

/ New tractor hauler #20  
That is awful. I can pull my 9,700# boat at 70 mph and get 9 mpg with my F150 Ecoboost. That gives me a comfortable 200 mile range with my 26 gallon fuel tank. Chris
With my 5.4L Excursion and 4.10 gears I can get 10+ mpg while towing 7700 pounds at 65 mph.
Luckily the 44 gallon tank provides enough range to get "there and back" for most of my trips. The manufacturers of 3/4 ton trucks have no incentive to increase the efficiency of their v8 gas trucks because that would take away from their diesel sales.