New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #11  
Kevin:

<font color="blue"> Total cost was $9850 delivered to my door.
</font> . in his first post.....wooohooo.....mow baby mow!!!!

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000
Kevin . . . I can honestly tell you I don't know the "LIST PRICE" of the tractor itself. I've gotten several quotes and one guy told me the "LIST PRICE" was $9800 for the tractor alone. I got a quote on the smaller 30" front bucket, it ranged from $800 to $900 for the bucket alone, but my bucket is the 48" unit and I have no idea what the price was because I simply asked for a package price. And the reason that the tractor looks so much like a golf course tractor is becuase that is really what it is. I suspect that a lot more commercial users buy Ventrac equipment than residental customer like myself.

I paid $9850 for the tractor, the deck and the bucket.

I got prices on some Steiner units and they were slightly more expensive. The Steiner 415 is similar in capabilities to the Ventrac 3000. The Steiner is a much more "traditional" looking tractor with the front engine configuration, but it is also articulated in the middle like the Ventrac.

What I will say about the prices of the Steiners and the Ventracs is that they are VERY flexible!!! Prices listed on the Steiner website as LIST prices will magically melt into MUCH lower prices if you say you are comparing the Steiner to a Ventrac. Prices quoted on Ventrac's also melt away if you tell them you are looking at Steiners.

This machine is rated as both a residential and a commercial machine. As a residential user, it comes with a 3 year warrenty. For commercial use, it comes with a 1 year warrenty.

As for other brands and prices, the John Deere X series tractors go up over $12,000 at the top end and start out in the $9+++.00 range for their bottom end units. The class of JD tractors below their X series units are far less capable than the X series, but the pricing still easily will climb up over $5000 plus the cost of implements. None of those come close to being as stable on a slope, as soft on turf, or as tight in turning radius as even the larger Ventracs, Steiners or Power Tracs. Toro & New Holland's top end tractors easily exceed $7000 without extra implements. Cub Cadets seem like a relative bargain, and from my current review of all the brands I could find, Cubs are as good or better than their competitors and often at a lower price.

All that said, and despite the fact that I did not choose a Power Trac, I have to tell you that they are the most flexible and versitile units on the market, and they are very cost competitive. The PT422 is a pretty good lawn mower and also will do 80% of the tasks of a CUT and from what I can see will do many of those tasks better and faster. The PT425 is even better at tractoring. For me, the PTs were ruled out because of several specific issues, but they are amazing units.

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #13  
SWEET!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Where's the ROPS? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #14  
Bob
Sounds like a sweet unit. I can tell you that I was amazed by the equipment I operated all over the golf courses. The overall stability was unbeatable with the typical low center of gravity, long AND wide wheel bases and un-real turning radius! Not to mention we never made any indented tracks unless it was very wet. I can see where that would be the ultimate for cutting a large lawn with many obstacles. Enjoy the new toy. (Or should I be telling your wife that?!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #15  
Thanks for the pics, Bob. Very nice. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The ROPS is optional and I thought I would buy one . . . until I tested it. It simply is unnecessary. I am not sure how they do it, but the machine feels like it is glued to the ground. I made "u turns" on moderately steep hills with total confidence and no hesitation. On the same slopes my Cub is choking and chugging up the hill, running fast down the hill, and totally unable to cross the slope, let alone turn on it!

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #17  
<font color="blue">I am not sure how they do it, but the machine feels like it is glued to the ground. </font>

Pine Tar works wonders. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously Bob, Congratulations on the new machine. So what does the lovely wife think? Has she tried it out?

Don

So far the wife is only concered that it fits in the garage with all the other toys!

She hopes to try it out this saturday, temps are supposed to be in the mid-70's and sunny. I have assured her that it is as easy to drive as the Cub Cadet. We shall see!

I've already had a jealous neighbor over. He came to my office to ask about the new toy that he saw come off the trailer on Wednesday. He wants to race! His Dixie Chopper will win on the flat ground, on the rough fields I know I will out run him, but the Dixie Chopper will probably tumble down my hills faster than the Ventrac will decend in a controlled fashion, so maybe I should just concede him the winner of the race? The guy is an engineer and he is seriously jealous. He doesn't have the slope issues I do (he's a mile down the road and off of the ridge line) but he didn't realize how rough his land really is and the Dixie Chopper is rated at several acres per hour, but he said it takes him over 2 hours to mow his 3 acres because it is so rough . . . hmmm sounds to me like he bought the wrong machine! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #19  
Neat lookin machine. I noticed you had changed your signature to include the Ventrac, so I was wondering when we would see the pics. For some reason, I had the color Silver in my mind for Ventrac's. I had never seen one, but just seemed right.....oh well guess not.

You're surely getting quite a collection of mowers, tractors and such /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Wish I could collect em like that!

/ New Tractor Pictures - Ventrac 3000 #20  
I think he said $9850.00 delivered to his door.