New tractor pto shaft help needed

/ New tractor pto shaft help needed
Sure sounds like those u-joints might be worn excessively. Now, reading your signature line, you have two PTO powered implements: the Salsco wood chipper and the Puma snow blower. Do both make the noises you describe when lowered? And, do both decrease the noise when raised? I am assuming each implement has it's own PTO drive shaft, BTW. From what I've read (on TBN and several other web sites), the angle between the U-Joint affixed to the tractor and the shaft itself should not exceed 15 degrees. More than that can result in premature wear which would result in a pretty noisy u-joint. However, that wouldn't necessarily cause the shear pin breakage...at least, I wouldn't think so... Here's a few links that might help you: How to check U-Joints | How a Car Works Driveshaft U-Joints Diagnosis and Repair at YouFixCars.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVC76dSBNnY Constant Velocity PTOs Good luck and do remember a rotating pto shaft will kill you...so don't work around the PTO unless the tractor's engine is off and you have the key in YOUR pocket! Good luck!
Hey Roy, pto yes noise just on blower,this tractor so much taller sharper angle when implement on ground.noise/vibration goes away when i straighten out shaft

How much too short? Don't know if a PTO extender might help or not, I have seen ones that provide anywhere from 2 to 11 inches of length to the output shaft (the 11" one was specifically intended for a Greson hydraulic pump...). Nick
Nikdfish,i went.to dealer and bought new pto tubing cut to proper length and replaced .good overlap now but couple inchs from bottoming out

Im gonna head out this morning get new u joints and start there seems though its gotta be that

/ New tractor pto shaft help needed #14  
How about a side view pic taken from the same height as the PTO when the blower is sitting on the ground?

/ New tractor pto shaft help needed #15  
Maybe u-joints got out of time when shaft was taken out?

/ New tractor pto shaft help needed #16  
Is that the same as being "in phase."

Maybe u-joints got out of time when shaft was taken out?
we have a winner!!exactly what i did 😎😏😳😳😳😳dealer partsguy spotted it right away didnt cost me a thing but my dignity.i didnt think with the one flat side it would fit in the yokes wrong but managed to:) thank you all

/ New tractor pto shaft help needed #19  
Nice! Easy fix!