New tractor suggestions for snow removal

/ New tractor suggestions for snow removal #61  
When you start racking up several thousand hours and 20 years on your hydros then you can start trying to tell me how -- good they are.
Lou have you run up several thousands hours on a hydro?
Small homeowner type jobs and light duty fine.
Please define what you mean by homeowner type jobs and light duty work.
When they have to work hard even the super fancy and expensive IVTs are falling short compared to power shift gear boxs.
You mean CVT's?

/ New tractor suggestions for snow removal #62  
Thanks JWR that clears it for me! And no I have never operated an HST tractor.

/ New tractor suggestions for snow removal #63  
Lou have you run up several thousands hours on a hydro?

Please define what you mean by homeowner type jobs and light duty work.

You mean CVT's?
Actually one of the farms 656's is a hydro, I've also put several hundred hours on a Hydro 100.
While both of them were nice for light duty work and pto work that didn't require heavy drawbar work
when they had to do heavy drawbar work the fuel consumption was terrible, and no the hydro's did not have the longevity of the comparable gear tractors.

Light duty intermediate work.

No I meant just what I said depending on the manufacture some call them CVT others IVT.

/ New tractor suggestions for snow removal #64  
light duty work and pto work that didn't require heavy drawbar work
I'm taking this to mean mowing grass, loader work, pulling wagons and trailers, grading driveways, tilling gardens etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.
when they had to do heavy drawbar work the fuel consumption was terrible
I'm taking this to mean pulling a plow or dragging large trees out of the woods. If there are other things you would add to this category please let me know.
No I meant just what I said depending on the manufacture some call them CVT others IVT.
That's a new one to me.

/ New tractor suggestions for snow removal #65  
nope

/ New tractor suggestions for snow removal #66  
This forum, to the best of my knowledge, is aimed primarily at compact and subcompact tractor owners. What’s required for rowcrop work or heavy tillage is thus rather irrelevant.

The target demographics are landowners with relatively small plots, probably from one to a couple hundred acres, heavily skewed towards the lower end.

The average hour accumulation here, I read, is a hundred hours or less. The bulk of these tractors will never accumulate more than a thousand hours with the original owner. Large tractors do that routinely in a year or less.