New Tractor

/ New Tractor #1  

1Lawman

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 5093E
Buying either a John Deere 5060E with cab or Kubota MX5400 with cab..Will be used primarily for heavy shredding with 6' or 7' cutter. Will not get a lot of use..Suggestions??? Thanks!

/ New Tractor #2  
Whichever tractor, build a heavy duty expanded metal rear window protector. Trust me, you'll not regret it.

/ New Tractor #3  
T-B-N ARCHIVE:

/ New Tractor #4  
I thought the MX was kinda like a large L series. Smaller than a M tractor. Just like a BX is smaller than a B series. Not sure those two tractors are really even comparison in weight and capability.

I would compare the larger L series Kubotas to the 4000 series JD. I always thought that a true M series Kubota would be comparable to a 5000 series JD.

/ New Tractor
I thought the MX was kinda like a large L series. Smaller than a M tractor. Just like a BX is smaller than a B series. Not sure those two tractors are really even comparison in weight and capability.

I would compare the larger L series Kubotas to the 4000 series JD. I always thought that a true M series Kubota would be comparable to a 5000 series JD.

/ New Tractor
The John Deere has no regen and the Kubota has regen but no DEF..Is that a consideration?

/ New Tractor #7  
Like all the X series Kubotas, the MX is sized to be a crossover between the M and L series, so in-between.

/ New Tractor #9  
Whichever tractor, build a heavy duty expanded metal rear window protector. Trust me, you'll not regret it.
Or get a chain guard kit for the mower. Haven’t had anything kick up enough to damage back of cab.

/ New Tractor #10  
Looks to me like the JD is about 10 HP more and 2500 pounds more. Quite a difference really.
THIS ^^^
That much weight creates a huge gain in traction. Frame strength/durability will be better.