New Tractor

/ New Tractor #11  
That's a whole lot of tractor for only a 6' cutter.

Why such a small mower?

/ New Tractor #12  
T-B-N ARCHIVE:

I still don't know where you get some of your "facts" Jeff.

And you keep re quoting them.

/ New Tractor #13  
He said occasional use... so a lighter duty tractor and cutter may suit his needs without putting him in the poor house... just a thought.

/ New Tractor #14  
I've noticed that my MX5200 feels significantly more stable on hillsides with my 6' cutter than the same cutter felt on my previous 35hp Mahindra. I was sort of thinking about buying a larger cutter, but I'm liking the increased stability so much I'm not sure I want a larger cutter.

I wasn't sure from the original post what the OP really wanted to know, however.

/ New Tractor #15  
Kubota equivalent would be a M6060, but the Deere still heavier and out specs it a little in hydraulics.

/ New Tractor #16  
He said occasional use... so a lighter duty tractor and cutter may suit his needs without putting him in the poor house... just a thought.
And it really depends on what is being cut. A light duty cutter is more than adequate for grass; not good for brush or saplings.

Last edited:
   / New Tractor
That's a whole lot of tractor for only a 6' cutter.

Why such a small mower?
I have access to a 6'and 10' cutter but I did not think either machine would handle the 10' heavy duty Bush Hog..

/ New Tractor
Buying either a John Deere 5060E with cab or Kubota MX5400 with cab..Will be used primarily for heavy shredding with 6' or 7' cutter. Will not get a lot of use..Suggestions??? Thanks!
Really asking if one is more reliable and trouble free than the other

/ New Tractor #19  
The MX5400 on the 10’ would be a no. The Deere would be fine with it.

/ New Tractor #20  
Have you looked at the Deutz 5080D???
quite the machine

willy