New Trailer

/ New Trailer #1  

wolfpack2

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520
The new trailer finally arrived last week. Just in time to put it to work. It痴 a Sure-Trac 14K 18+4 tilt deck. The tractor fits perfectly and I was able to balance the load easily. It was nice not having to deal with ramps that store under the trailer like my old one had. Just release the deck and let gravity do the work. The backhoe even cleared the deck with the lower turf tires on the tractor. It didn稚 fit the old trailer even with the taller R4s without jacking up the front to reduce the angle. The pallet fork racks made hauling the forks a lot easier as well. I also had D-rings installed every 2 ft. so I will never run out of places to die loads down to. The finish is outstanding top bottom and even inside the pallet rack tubes. Nice clean looking welds and the wiring is all contained inside steel conduit and protected by wire loom when it exits the conduit.

I know the unwritten rules of the forum, so I have attached a few pictures as well.

Attachments

• PICT0028.jpg
    PICT0028.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 319
  • PICT0030.jpg
    PICT0030.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 307
  • PICT0032.jpg
    PICT0032.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 344
  • PICT0034.jpg
    PICT0034.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 228
  • PICT0036.jpg
    PICT0036.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 284
  • PICT0040.jpg
    PICT0040.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 247
  • PICT0041.jpg
    PICT0041.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 282
  • PICT0050.jpg
    PICT0050.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 261
  • PICT0031.jpg
    PICT0031.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 273
   / New Trailer #2  
Very nice... :thumbsup:. The storage for the fork is a brilliant idea.

/ New Trailer #3  
Sweet! I like it, looks like you are all set to go.

/ New Trailer #4  
I love it. That is a nice trailer and I love the flat part up front. That fixes the extra implement issue with tilt trailers.

Love the F-350 also. What motor do you have in it? Looks good with a Ford pulling a Ford Tractor. Well NH, close enough. lol.

Chris

/ New Trailer #5  
That is a PERFECT trailer......I'm afraid to ask, but how much was it?(if you don't mind)....Also what is the overall size and weight?

/ New Trailer #6  
That is a PERFECT trailer......I'm afraid to ask, but how much was it?(if you don't mind)....Also what is the overall size and weight?

You can get all the info here. Sure Trac is just up the road from me maybe 45 minutes. Kind of funny but I have been in the trailer business for 20 plus years and never been to the factory even though its so close. I know, stupid. I have sold a few of the trailers used and the seemed to hold up good.

http://www.sure-trac.com/sure-trac/index.asp

Chris

/ New Trailer #7  
You can get all the info here. Sure Trac is just up the road from me maybe 45 minutes. Kind of funny but I have been in the trailer business for 20 plus years and never been to there facility even though its so close. I know, stupid. I have sold a few of the trailers used and the seemed to hold up good.

Sure-Trac Trailers - Novae Corp.

Chris

Thanks Chris...Didn't look at the link yet but I'm assuming it's in Indiana or near to there?...Every so often I have to make a business trip that way, my have to look them up.

They must be having site problems...But thanks for the link.

/ New Trailer #8  
Yes, Markle Indiana where they are located is just off I69 2 hours north of Indianapolis. It very close to Ft Wayne and only 2 miles off the interstate. I go by there all the time going up to the Ft Wayne or Elkhart area to get boats.

Chris

/ New Trailer #9  
Great looking rig, wolfpack. Congratulations!

About how much weight would you say is on there, as shown in your pictures?

/ New Trailer
Thanks for all the compliments. The flat part does make it easier to load extra implements and it helps to balance the load and offset the rear overhang of the tilt deck. It is a heavy trailer at almost 3800 lbs according to the website. I have not had a chance to weight it yet, so I don't have an exact weight with all the options. The bad part is all that steel is not cheap. It cost just under $7000. As for the truck, it is a 2007 F350 with the V10. It handled the load (around 12K) with no issues and was able to stay locked in OD most of the time at 65mph.