New Trailer

/ New Trailer #11  
Very nice rig!

/ New Trailer #12  
Thanks for all the compliments. The flat part does make it easier to load extra implements and it helps to balance the load and offset the rear overhang of the tilt deck. It is a heavy trailer at almost 3800 lbs according to the website. I have not had a chance to weight it yet, so I don't have an exact weight with all the options. The bad part is all that steel is not cheap. It cost just under $7000. As for the truck, it is a 2007 F350 with the V10. It handled the load (around 12K) with no issues and was able to stay locked in OD most of the time at 65mph.

Yeah, but bought it once and done..Doubt you'll regret that purchase...Wish I could say the same...I really like it.

/ New Trailer
Yeah, but bought it once and done..Doubt you'll regret that purchase....

That is what I am hoping for. I have been looking at a new trailer for a couple of years now and finally decided I couldn't wait any longer. The ramps on the old trailer were killing my already bad back, so I knew I needed to go to a tilt deck. I originally started looking at a deck over, but couldn't find a decent tag version that you can easily install a weight distribution hitch to. They also had a steeper load angle than I wanted and were all hydraulic powered, which just means more maintenance. Once I found this style at the local dealer, I just had to have one. So I mulled over the options and saved up until I could afford it. Plus I had to convince the wife it was a good investment (cheaper than another spinal fusion finally won her over). The rest is history.

So far I have a couple hundred miles of towing on it and all is wonderful. The only thing I wish the factory would do differently is to balance the tires. I have yet to see a new trailer with balanced tires. What is up with that anyway? I took it out to the tire shop the first day and had all 5 balanced before I tore up any bearings.

/ New Trailer #15  
I like the passive hydrolics on that. You're right, an active hydro would be more mainenance.

That is a perfect load angle for most anything..Ramps have their limits. if I'm backing anything except my tractor off of mine, I need a spotter. not convenient at all. Besides, you have to have complete faith that that person is actually paying attention.

On my RTV1100, i cant see the ramps at all once I'm lined up, cars are 10x worse...Operating on blind fiath...Your setup is far superior.

What is the overall deck size?

/ New Trailer #16  
So far I have a couple hundred miles of towing on it and all is wonderful. The only thing I wish the factory would do differently is to balance the tires. I have yet to see a new trailer with balanced tires. What is up with that anyway? I took it out to the tire shop the first day and had all 5 balanced before I tore up any bearings.

That is the first thing I do also. I make the dynamically balance them, that is spin balance, not just static balance them. Every tire shop I deal with thinks I am crazy but I can tell the difference and its my money and well worth it to me.

Chris

/ New Trailer
I like the passive hydrolics on that. You're right, an active hydro would be more mainenance.

That is a perfect load angle for most anything..Ramps have their limits. if I'm backing anything except my tractor off of mine, I need a spotter. not convenient at all. Besides, you have to have complete faith that that person is actually paying attention.

On my RTV1100, i cant see the ramps at all once I'm lined up, cars are 10x worse...Operating on blind fiath...Your setup is far superior.

What is the overall deck size?

The passive system is one of the reasons I chose this style of trailer. Even if there are issues, it is a simple fix of rebuilding the cylinder or just replace it. As for the length, they list the deck at 18.5' + 4' with an overall length of 27'9" and a load angle of 11.5 deg.

I loaded a coupe of cars on the old trailer and the ramps made it scary to back off. Even the tractor has had a couple close calls when I wasn't quite square to the trailer and nearly went off the side when backing up the ramps. I have also had to rent a tilt deck in the past to transport a scissor lift on. There is no way to get one of those up a set of ramps. Just not enough breakover clearance.

Last edited:
   / New Trailer #18  
The passive system is one of the reasons I chose this style of trailer. Even if there are issues, it is a simple fix of rebuilding the cylinder or just replace it. As for the length, they list the deck at 18.5'4" with an overall length of 27'9" and a load angle of 11.5 deg.

I loaded a coupe of cars on the old trailer and the ramps made it scary to back off. Even the tractor has had a couple close calls when I wasn't quite square to the trailer and nearly went off the side when backing up the ramps. I have also had to rent a tilt deck in the past to transport a scissor lift on. There is no way to get one of those up a set of ramps. Just not enough breakover clearance.

Thanks for that...What's the width?

/ New Trailer
I had a typo on the length. It is 18.5' + 4'. The width is 81" between the wheel wells and 101" overall. The tractor has only a couple of inches to spare between the wheels, but it fits which is all that counts. Your RTV would fit with no problem, but how big is the front blade? I just picked up a 8ft loader mount for the tractor, but wish I had a cab to keep warm in the winter.

/ New Trailer #20  
I had a typo on the length. It is 18.5' + 4'. The width is 81" between the wheel wells and 101" overall. The tractor has only a couple of inches to spare between the wheels, but it fits which is all that counts. Your RTV would fit with no problem, but how big is the front blade? I just picked up a 8ft loader mount for the tractor, but wish I had a cab to keep warm in the winter.

My BX and My RTV would easily fit on that....my Chevelle and Nova would too.

The blade is 6 ft with hydro power angle and an electic lift actuator. Got it right after the snow stopped, so I'm (not really) looking forward to using that this year. Not freezing for 2-3 hours will be a plus. I thought that I could have done without the AC too, but I actually like it. The guys at the sportsmans club call me a sissy now...Oh well.

I put a 3" piece of machine belt across the bottom of the blade to keep it from digging up gravel. It worked on the last RTV, should work on this one too...Drilling through the plate on the blade was all kinds of fun. I don't know what that is made of, but it pretty much wiped out 1 titanium bit per hole. Never had that happen before.

Attachments

• Mar2010 022.jpg
    Mar2010 022.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Mar2010 023.jpg
    Mar2010 023.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 90