New Ventrac Video RE greasing

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #11  
Here is another possibility that might work. It is an extended length LockNLube coupler.

LockNLube Grease Coupler XL | LockNLube

It is 2 inches longer than the standard LockNLube. I think the technique would be to insert it with the locking lever to the front or to the rear from either the right or left side.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #12  
How about some photos showing where you located the hole and the extension you fabricated.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #13  
Here is another possibility that might work. It is an extended length LockNLube coupler.

LockNLube Grease Coupler XL | LockNLube

It is 2 inches longer than the standard LockNLube. I think the technique would be to insert it with the locking lever to the front or to the rear from either the right or left side.

Never work, no room to work it ........jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #14  
How about some photos showing where you located the hole and the extension you fabricated.

I can't the best i can do is send pics over the phone, i ran equipment for 40 yrs. no wiz at the computer...... jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing
Jim, so long as Ya gotter dun and can gitter dun as needed. lol

Jack, I am nearly internet and picture taking ignorant too. Are you having trouble getting onto the rear universal shaft fitting. I agree that the longer lock'n lube would almost certainly be impossible from the right and maybe so at the left. The standard lock'n lube might work from the left. I can push my conventional coupler onto the Zerk from the left with my finger tips, but it is a weak grip even though I am blessed with strong hands. From the right side, I was able to thread the long hose into position to contact the Zerk, but there was not enough room to get my fingers onto the coupler in such a way to push it onto the fitting. Maybe a straight rigid grease pipe at the end of the flexible one would work, but not at all sure.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #16  
The rear one on the pump drive shaft is is easy straight up. The front one is accessible easily by drilling a 1" hole on the right side and making a extension from 1/8" pipe and a coupler and adding it on the end of the grease hose. i cannot jus feed it through the hole and with the other hand guide it on the front zerk fitting and grease it and pull it off,,, I'm now using a 8" extension on the hose. I need to look into a longer one to move the coupler outside the machine to eliminate the different diameters fishing it back under the core support....... jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #17  
Dealer was aware of the issues of how hard it was to grease the front U joint on the 4500P and i told him how i did it with drilling the hole and it was passed on to the factory. We will see ...... lol. jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #18  
Dealer was aware of the issues of how hard it was to grease the front U joint on the 4500P and i told him how i did it with drilling the hole and it was passed on to the factory. We will see ...... lol. jim

Good job maybe you will make it easier for someone else.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #19  
What the problem is, the different lengths of the engines. They move the radiator and the core support ends lined up with the drive shaft loop. The other issue is the width of the engine it is almost impossible to get your hand in to turn the fan to line things up. The back one you can put your foot in ..... lol. jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #20  
One more thing by adding the piece 1/8" pipe to the end of the grease gun hose, it makes a lot easier to grease the hard to reach fittings..... jim