New Ventrac Video RE greasing

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #21  
One more thing by adding the piece 1/8" pipe to the end of the grease gun hose, it makes a lot easier to grease the hard to reach fittings..... jim

That is the trick I have to use.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #22  
I got my 6" treaded 1/8 pipe laying around here but i tried to find a longer one local but couldn't. MSC. has them in black iron a lot longer ...... jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing
I've got a metal pipe with threaded ends that came off a gun that now wears a flex hose. It may be too long or angled wrong, but maybe worth a try. Would need a double female 18" coupler of same thread, ? NPF ?

prs

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #24  
I've got a metal pipe with threaded ends that came off a gun that now wears a flex hose. It may be too long or angled wrong, but maybe worth a try. Would need a double female 18" coupler of same thread, ? NPF ?

prs

I put a coupler on one side and a zerk on the other.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #25  
I put a coupler on one side and a zerk on the other.

That was my plan at first, but it worked so good on the other fittings like the lift cylinder. i removed the zerk and screwed it on the hose..... I have a grease gun that only requires one hand...... jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #26  
I made this up for an extension for the u joint.

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #27  
Right, but it worked so well and now it easy to grease everything with it on. Story is out on the deck and it looks like a long way away..... jim

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #28  
Here is another possibility that might work. It is an extended length LockNLube coupler.

LockNLube Grease Coupler XL

It is 2 inches longer than the standard LockNLube. I think the technique would be to insert it with the locking lever to the front or to the rear from either the right or left side.

I know this is an old thread but I've been meaning to post this for months since winterizing my 4500P (Kawasaki Gas engine). I'm no great mechanic but I tried every which way to grease the front drive shaft zerk, using a flexible hose, using the pipe extensions etc. that detailed elsewhere in this forum but nothing worked. So I took a gamble and purchased the LockNLube Grease Coupler XL from Amazon and it worked like a charm. Note you have to purchase the XL (extra long) version as those 2 extra inches made all the difference! Job done in 10 minutes!

I hope this post helps others who are fighting to grease the 4500P drive shaft zerks.

Nick

/ New Ventrac Video RE greasing #29  
I already drilled a hole in the right side of the frame for the front one, I go straight in through the core support on it. I grease the rear one with it up, you can do it with boxing gloves on. Just stupid how they set up the 4500P.... an engineer got paid to do something like that. .... jim