Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice.

/ Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice.
It's no wonder that 3020 is still around...built like a tank, built to last. Very few things are made like that these days.

/ Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice. #32  
Ballast Boxes are more for small tractors primarily used for landscaping and gardening, that are garage stored, where space is at a premium.

Not entirely, but mostly.

You do not need a Ballast Box based on info you have posted.

This is a guess. A 6' box blade wasn't nearly enough for my LS R4047H that could lift 2,500lbs. I built a 1,400lb counterweight (the block of steel I started with was weighed on a scale at 1,300lbs at the scrap yard) and that was enough to safely use the FEL to it's full capability. Lifting 1,500lbs with just a box blade the rear tires got light and loading the tires is the wrong choice for counterweight. It keeps the tires on the ground, but increases the load on the front axle.

Loaded tires for traction. 3pt counterweight for FEL use/stability. Anything else is a compromise in some way, shape or form.

Thanks for the Kioti information, jeff9366. I'm going to those links now to check it out.

/ Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice. #35  
Kioti NX is a full featured tractor.

Kubota MX is a basic tractor.

BOTH GOOD but you get a lot more de luxe features, standard, on the Kioti NX.

/ Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice. #36  
I've been doing a lot of research for tractors as well (have not purchased yet). From what you're describing as your needs, the Mahindra 3550 may be a good option for you. It has a high lift capacity, 2700 lbs at the pins, and a high operating weight (close to 6000 lbs with FEL). Plus I've been quoted by 2 different dealers at about $28500 for the HST 4WD with FEL.

Hi audsp98,

Thanks for the info...I will check them out. The closest dealer to me is about an hour and a half away.

Thanks again!

/ Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice. #38  
Hi audsp98,

Thanks for the info...I will check them out. The closest dealer to me is about an hour and a half away.

Thanks again!

blicker, kioti has a sale right now on the nx5010's startn out around 22000 with free loader now Ithink that is cash price. I purchased anx4510hst n nov 3, Had some dealer issues. I called Kioti up told the issue and dealer had to bye mine back, so I made deal traded for a brand new NX4510CHST have 30500 in it. KIOTI service bent over backwards 4 me soI cannot say enough about them check them out I got allot more for the money with them. Dealivered today��������

Last edited:
   / Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice. #39  
blicker, kioti has a sale right now on the nx5010's startn out around 22000 with free loader now Ithink that is cash price. I purchased anx4510hst n nov 3, Had some dealer issues. I called Kioti up told the issue and dealer had to bye mine back, so I made deal traded for a brand new NX4510CHST have 30500 in it. KIOTI service bent over backwards 4 me soI cannot say enough about them check them out Igot allot more for the with them.

That's a great deal. If I had a Kioti dealer anywhere close to me I'd definitely go check them out.

/ Newbie Alert... looking for tractor buying advice. #40  
I read what you needed to do and my tractor would do everything you need it to do, I have a 05 4320, it's turbo charged 48hp and is rated at 2,000lbs on the FEL, the cabbed model I have weighs in around 5200lbs without the rears filled. So a 4 series JD or 3 series Mahindra is exactly what you need.

Mahindra is king on FEL lift capacity and weight, they have more features than most economy series of tractors and are much more reasonable than the grand L, Boomer (NH) and R (JD) series tractors.

I haven't heard of a tractor brand to stay away from, seems there all good but seems Mahindra does a little better, there also the only one that doesn't have a DPF filter or additives for there Tier 4 machines.

Just remember LS, Case and New Holland are all basically the same tractor, CNH, majority share holders are Fiat and LG (LG used to be called LS, there tractors kept the name and there electronics were renamed to LG).

CNH tractors are South Korean, Kubota is Japanese assembled in USA, Mahindra is South Korean with (Bosch/Mitsubishi/Mahindra making the engine in India).

All the compacts I looked at, non were made in the states, but all of them had American rubber lol.

Mahindra has the best warranty of 7 years, NH was worst with a 1-2 year warranty, most were 5-7 years.

If rocks are an issue cutting your tires, beet juice I hear kinda seals tires but will make a huge mess on a slice, beat juice would be a total loss so you would have to have a dealer refill a new tire. Foam is also an option, making the tire run flat. But very difficult and expensive to cut off when new tires are needed. Windshield washer fluid is the cheapest and you can do it yourself to save money. Windshield washer fluid is around 8lbs per gallon, beet juice is something like 12lbs per gallon, calcium is the heaviest at 16lbs per gallon but is the most lethal to your rims, if you get a flat that stuff kills any and all vegetation.

My cabbed 4320 had 830 hours on it when I got it, I paid 24k out the door for it, around here it was a really good deal. A well cared for used tractor is always an option, just beware people are really hard on tractors and don't properly maintenance them, usually if it's really cheap there's a reason. For a tractor with less than 300 hours, your better off buying new, the incentives are awesome, last fall Mahindra was offering 0 down for 84 months on a 4.(something)% loan with $2,500 back on 3 attachments plus a $500 customer loyalty rebate, Mahindra was the only one that came stock with a FEL. Or you could get 0 down 0% for 84 with 1k back on attachments both deals ended up the EXACT same lol, with the "cash deal" you were financing a lot less. That may not be exactly accurate on the cash back but it's really close. That was for a 2016 model also.