NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #11  
Try disconnecting the engagement lever from the splined shaft, rotate a little, then reconnect it.. might give a little more life to a damaged clutch. If that works then fine-tune adjust it to where engagement takes place at about 2/3's of the throw distance between stopped and spinning, then re-adjustment the "slip" bump stop.

That lever is worrisome, I've never left mine at the "slip" detent, but I have knocked it off of full engagement many times with my leg.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #12  
HickoryNut said:
Try disconnecting the engagement lever from the splined shaft, rotate a little, then reconnect it.. might give a little more life to a damaged clutch. If that works then fine-tune adjust it to where engagement takes place at about 2/3's of the throw distance between stopped and spinning, then re-adjustment the "slip" bump stop.

That lever is worrisome, I've never left mine at the "slip" detent, but I have knocked it off of full engagement many times with my leg.

That's absurd. Do you have any idea how the PTO clutch on a 3930 works? The lever operates a hydraulic control valve spool. Altering the stroke of the spool can do nothing but degrade clutch operation, one way or the other.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #13  
That's absurd. Do you have any idea how the PTO clutch on a 3930 works? The lever operates a hydraulic control valve spool. Altering the stroke of the spool can do nothing but degrade clutch operation, one way or the other.
Just started having issues with my 3930's pto as I started to use a bushog the other day. Engaged pto and it quickly disengaged and would not attempt to come back. Now I have noticed the 3 point lift is not working either. I have herd of these shafts breaking in these tractors. Could someone give me information on the trouble shooting the hydraulic pto drive system. Praying I can rule a broken shaft out and move on to a simple relief or something. Thanks for any advise.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #14  
Just started having issues with my 3930's pto as I started to use a bushog the other day. Engaged pto and it quickly disengaged and would not attempt to come back. Now I have noticed the 3 point lift is not working either. I have herd of these shafts breaking in these tractors. Could someone give me information on the trouble shooting the hydraulic pto drive system. Praying I can rule a broken shaft out and move on to a simple relief or something. Thanks for any advise.

you have tagged onto a 7 year old thread. you will get more hits if you start your very own new thread!

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #15  
I was hoping it would notify one of the previous posters and they could help me out with the issue. I have started one in the parts and repair with no reply.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #16  
I was hoping it would notify one of the previous posters and they could help me out with the issue. I have started one in the parts and repair with no reply.

i think i'd have started one in the NH section, since it is a NH tractor!

As for previous posters, depends on if they were set to subscribe to the thread, or if they removed the subscription, .. or if they are still here.. ( one of the guys for sure is )... but remember.. 7 years is a loooong time.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #17  
Hey! That's a good idea an will do that. Thanks.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #18  
however.. i doubt you will get much better advice than you are already getting on the ford forum at ytmag. ( ps.. rickb is a member here and there... but sean is pointing you in the right direction.. check hyd fluid, then pressure.. do you have remotes? )

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #19  
Checked fluid. Going to check pressures this afternoon. I have two remotes and both are working well. Just lift and pto giving problem.

/ NH #3930 PTO HAS QUIT #20  
2 pump system or 1?