NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #1  

stvman

Gold Member
Tractor
A very tired Case 580 (looking to downsize)
In the two short months since I found this site I have become somewhat of an addict (just bought some orange and blue bed sheets)/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Have eliminated Deere do to problem tractors on demos (three to be exact)/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
Now I am really torn between NH & Kubota.

I currently own an old 580 case which I ROLLED two years ago
(steep dropoff+ soft sand+ heavy tractor=rolling nighnmare+full shorts)/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif So as you can imagine safety is a major concern.
NH support seems a little on the lean side here, but these boomers look much more rugged(dollar for dollar) to my (color blind) eyes. Kubota seems to own the most reliable label from all that I hear and read, (can someone tell me is there anyone that bashes these things)

Now I don't want the ergonomics, features ,looks of the blue to stand in the way but after 10 years behind the wheel of my 580, I sat on the seat of a TC35D and fell in love YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE WHOLE LOADER BUCKET/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I must admit though if that 35 had been orange I would be diving it today. The troubling thing to me is when I talked to the NH salesman he told me that these new models are much improved quality wise than the models they replaced. Which causes me to wonder what problems did they have ?

A quick ride on a 3010 (love that servo hydro)seemed nice but the hood seems to go on foreverrrrrrrrrr. Love the L35 it just needs a better seat, hydro and a 10,000 dollar price cut./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Would loveto see more NH input, or am I living in an orange world/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #2  
stvman,

You're living in an Orange World on this board! I read this board and its previous versions for over a year before I bought. Everything came up orange when I read the boards.

When I got semi serious, I started going to dealers lots on Sundays and looking. Really liked the Boomers' look better.

When I got more serious, I went to dealers when they were open. When I got brochures and talked to salesmen and really started comparing without the influence of the board, I had no doubt that for me, BLUE was the way to go.

Flat out I got more hp, more 3 pt lift, more beef, more tractor for my money! Even had to educate a Kubota/NH dealer in the process. I told him he could sell me the TC18 for less than the B1700, he said naw...then he put it to paper and was shocked!

I'm sure that these Orange guys, which by the way are pretty O.K., like their Orange tractors a lot, however I also know that if I had bought Orange I would probably like it too, but if I hadn't looked at BLUE, I wouldn't know what I was missing.

I saw a TC35 on Sunday, it was across the lot from the TC33, is it my imagination or is the 35 physically larger?
It sure looked big, and so did the TC45 that was sitting there.

Just give each tractor a fair shake, compare apples to apples the best that you can and consider the dealer. There are more and more New Holland owners on the board all the time, happy NH owners. However, most of the New Holland owners are out there working their machines, not sitting here talking about them like us! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Obviously kidding here, haven't done enough research to substantiate this claim yet! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue>Good Luck, and when you buy Blue, you can help all of the rest of us Blue owners help out the</font color=blue><font color=orange> Orange</font color=orange><font color=blue> guys in fixing their problems! You'll notice they post more problems here than we do! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
</font color=blue>
JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #3  
stvman,

Almost forgot! CNH (Case New Holland) the WORLD'S largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #4  
A friend just bought a new TC40D. He also bought new implements and sold me hi sold ones for trade-in price. I went to pick up the stuff and watching the TC40D work waas just amazing. He had spent a bunch extra for things like three way hydraulics for his box blade that made using it really convenient but it was sure impressive to watch work. Had I not just bought I would be thinking about it. I had problems with the transmission when I test drove a TC29D that swayed me away at the time. I liked the Kubota B2710/2910 more than the L series. THe L series seemed kind of boxey and hard to see over. Just my opinion.

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #5  
I'm at the point of deciding on a 40 plus HP tractor. It must have a 72" bucket with some lift ability and Hydro. The 4610 HST and TC45D are my choices I've been narrowed down to. The most outstanding feature of the Kubota is the Hydro (HST). Try it, rev the engine to full RPM, gear in high and push as hard on the hydro as you can, smooth, no jerking. You cannot beat the HST on the Kubota. I really like the visibility on the NH. I like Kubotas engines better then NH. NH has SuperSteer and a swivel seat. Lift capacities are very similar, pump capacities as well. Price is similar. Kubotas 4610 has a bigger front axle power steering ram and a really nice 3 valve remote for box scraper tilts, tops, rippers, etc. NH looks really cool. Still wonder just a little about the loaders durability with its curved arms and hydraulic bucket tilt hoses on top where I will definitely break them. My old 2120 has them on the side like the Kubota. Well, I have more but I best sign off before I bore you to death. Good Luck, glad your trying them all. Either way, your not going to make a bad choice. Rat...
P.S. If you want to see a really powerfull Consolidated/Ford, go see my post in "other Ford/NH". It has 4, 1200 horsepower engines and can defend itself from most all Kubotas handily...

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #6  
Looks like you have done your research well.

Another difference I ran across was the adjustable 3 point ends. They should be manditory, but they are not. I Have also climbed over the loader to fill the diesel on the hood for the last time. I like the fuel fill in the rear. R1 tires work a whole lot better for me than R4 tires simply due to the increased traction.

The Kubota loaders are well made, fasten with quick connects to the middle of the tractor and come off very easy. The diesel milage of the Kubota engines is quite good.

I just couldn't convice myself to get a hydro and limit the PTO hp to less than 40 hp. None of the Ag tractors that I looked at offered the hydro, but DID offer a fully synchronized gear transmission with F/R shuttle mounted on the dash. For my use, that is a very nice combination. I don't back up very often and go forward a lot! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I can't move as fast from forward to reverse, but I can carry more in the bucket. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I really don't know about the resale differences, but I would believe that JD,NH, and Kubota are all excellent.

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #7  
Wen, the front tank Kubotas/NH are easily filled from the driving platform. I do like the extra loader weight ability of the M series tractors. The 4610 has a new loader that is up a bit from the 4310, it has also done away with the front bracing which gives it a little better visibility and fast access to the engine and fuel tank should you want to fill it from the side. Besides being equipped with a 72" bucket, its up a couple hundred kilograms lift capacity from the 4310 loader. I would get a M series as I have driven them and think they are swell, I just do a lot of loader work and the HST on the Kubota is hands down faster then anything available in a tractor. The only thing that exceeds it in speed is a skidsteer. The adjustable links are great, particularly if you don't want the Quickhitch setup. The shuttleshifts from Kubota are excellent. The Ford 2120 has a delayed shuttleshift, it is a 2 speed type but even in "rabbit mode" its relatively slow going from f to R etc., but the worse thing is the gear selector has about 6 bends on it to accomodate itself around the steering wheel and it operates rough. The engine in the 2120 looks identical to the TC45. Hard to say if its the exact same, but the injector pumps look identical. The engine in the 2120 is an underachiever, it has a narrow torque band. Before I would purchase the TC45, I would want to know if it has the same engine as the 2120. Rat...

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #8  
There couple of feature of the New Holland I do like.
1.Pitch of the hood,for one can see better when useing the front end loader.
2. Swivel seat.
3.Super steering which would be great for a tree farmer also.
4.The sale woman /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif and she makes me /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif everytime I stop in,but I don't believe she comes with the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Indeed New Holland making a come back for the average person......Jim /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #9  
stvman, you probably can't go wrong either way. Yep, I'm a Kubota owner and prefer Kubota, but you want to buy the one you are most comfortable with, and that sounds like the New Holland to me.

Bird

/ NH TC33D/35D vs Kubota 3010/3410 #10  
I recently settled on a TC33. I did investigate, and drive larger and smaller TC's and the L's. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. There are a number of more 'modern' ergonomic and convenience features on theTC's that have been mentioned and may have some value to you. Similarly, the extensive history and demonstrated reliabilty of the L's may be more valuable. In my particular case my decision boiled down to two pretty basic ones: dealer and price. The dealer that I was most comfortable with, worked with me, and gave me the best price, was selling TC's! I did go to two dealerships that handled both Kubota's and TC's and in both cases they pushed the Kubotas. (I did decide that the TC34/40 and L3710 were bigger than I needed, and I never did see a B2910) Try 'em all - you'll like them.