NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #1  

NH3930Turbo

Tractor
New Holland 3930 Turbo, John Deere 5500/520 loader
Recently acquired both of these separate. The loader came with brackets/mounts off a 2910. Loader in great shape and after several days of searching I've come up with nothing but dead ends to the front brackets to mount the loader on the tractor. NH dealerships won't even offer information on this equipment they consider obsolete. One tried to sell me the same brackets I have for a 2910. Old guy I got the loader from said find a good shop to have them made, I'd like to find at least one side and they could just duplicate it for the other side. Any suggestions from anyone on what to do or where to look? Maybe some dimensions on those two front brackets, I know some excellent machine shops in the area but without dimensions the next best thing is dragging all this stuff to one so they can figure out exactly what they need to make. Any input is appreciated.

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #2  
Recently acquired both of these separate. The loader came with brackets/mounts off a 2910. Loader in great shape and after several days of searching I've come up with nothing but dead ends to the front brackets to mount the loader on the tractor. NH dealerships won't even offer information on this equipment they consider obsolete. One tried to sell me the same brackets I have for a 2910. Old guy I got the loader from said find a good shop to have them made, I'd like to find at least one side and they could just duplicate it for the other side. Any suggestions from anyone on what to do or where to look? Maybe some dimensions on those two front brackets, I know some excellent machine shops in the area but without dimensions the next best thing is dragging all this stuff to one so they can figure out exactly what they need to make. Any input is appreciated.

Did you try calling Messicks, in Elizabethtown, Pa.?
717-367-1319
Their parts guys are incredibly helpful!

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader
Did you try calling Messicks, in Elizabethtown, Pa.?
717-367-1319
Their parts guys are incredibly helpful!

Yeah, called them earlier today, actually called 4 or 5 different places across the country. They offered some good info. Will start calling salvage companies, maybe I'll get lucky.

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #4  
I see you started another thread about the tractor and adding remote hydraulics, might not be a bad idea to incorporate into one thread. I have a 3930 MFWD with 7310 loader with 2 new pumps recently installed, mediocre loader performance. I don't know about the 7209, so can't comment. Just make sure you know what you're getting into cost and project wise. Will you be doing the work yourself? Having only one hydraulic pump definitely isn't ideal for running the loader. Me personally, I'd be cautious with the project, especially since you're starting from scratch with no remote hydraulics, you might be better off with a tractor set up how you want it. Not trying to rain on your parade, just food for thought.

Yeah I did, unfortunately no response to the hydraulic question. I should add a follow up to that that they are indeed the same valve kits after talking to two local dealers who have been both in the business for 50+ years. I agree, my initial thought to this endeavor was to get something already set up, but so far tractor+loader, bushhog, and other implements along with complete fluid change, I'm still only in it at $8700, way below my budget. So I'm treading carefully and researching everything, I can come out on top still and have a tractor that'll last me years. Doing all the work myself helps with the cost point, plus I enjoy it. I've read some about the 7310 and it seems it was designed for the mfwd like you have, my guess a loader with a little more heft to it. 7209 fit a wide range of models from the 2910 that the one I have came off of to the 3930. My hope is that since my tractor is at the upper end of the spectrum for this loader, it'll handle it nicely. I know adding the other pump would be a pain but if it came down to it I'd be willing to make it happen. Going to see how things work out with the single and go from there.

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #6  
I have been trying get to upload some images, but no luck. Looking at the 2910 mount, I would install the midmorning and frame. Prop the front of the frame level with the tractor. Discard the mid to front reinforcement. Cut the middle section out of the front support and hang on the frame pin hooks. Make measurements so that front supports can be fashioned like those for the 3930. The 3930 front supports sould be pretty simple to have fabricated. Probably able to make them a little stronger than original.

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #7  
Send a picture of your mount setups and the front third of your tractor. I'll compare to my 3910 and 7209 loader setup.

As for the hydraulics, Ford has a pump that mounts on the side of the engine that serves a rear remote that you can then pipe in to your joystick control. The hydraulics aren't super fast but they are strong and I've definitely operated slower loaders.

I have been trying get to upload some images, but no luck. Looking at the 2910 mount, I would install the midmorning and frame. Prop the front of the frame level with the tractor. Discard the mid to front reinforcement. Cut the middle section out of the front support and hang on the frame pin hooks. Make measurements so that front supports can be fashioned like those for the 3930. The 3930 front supports sould be pretty simple to have fabricated. Probably able to make them a little stronger than original.

I've had that exact same thought on how to get the measurements, it seems like the best way to go about it. I like the 2910 mid mount design better, oddly enough it fits but is completely different design from what the NH had listed for the 3930, 2910 is a one piece welded design vs. the bolt together design for the 3930 mount. Most of the load is on that main mounting in the rear I would imagine. The man that runs the equipment shop I got the loader from said if he was younger he'd already be cutting that front piece for me and welding it up but at 84 he's just sticking to the painting up a couple tractors a week.

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #9  
I'm thinking that you will be wishing for another pump unit for the front loader. The front mount style is very straight forward and the increase in speed will surprise you. There is a Farmtrac Loader that will bolt up to your 3930 but I don't have the model in front of me guessing it's a little late for that. If you can locate one of those tractors to look at maybe it would help in the fabrication of your mounting. Will see what I can find

/ NH3930 and Ford7209 Loader #10  
My 7310 loader on my 3930 MFWD was made for New Holland by a company called Schwartz Manufacturing, Rhino bought their designs etc when they closed shop. Here is a link to the Rhino version of my loader, parts are still available from a Servis Rhino dealer. I bought cylinder seals last year.

http://support.servis-rhino.com/RhinoManuals/Parts/Loaders/F-3653--- 2410 Loader PUB 01-02.pdf

Not sure if the situation was similar for the 7209, but might be worth some digging on your part.