Nice lunch with John Deere reps.

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #11  
cowboydoc:

Nice post. It is interesting to compare your experience with JD and CountryBoy's. Any ideas on why the difference in treatment between yourself and CountryBoy? Higher up on the food chain, or, caught the right people at the right time, or, "ag" vs. "consumer", or???

Anyway most informative. Visited the JD museum & the corp headquarters museums in Moline a few weeks ago. Nice.

JEH

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps.
Dave,

I got another Ford. With the buyback you have to buy another one. What they actually do is give you MSRP of the one you bought on MSRP of the new one. We've always had Ford diesels and never had the problems this one did. It was never right from day one. I was just extremely disappointed in the way that they treated me on it.

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #13  
Cowboy; It is sad to say that is the industry standard, or so it seems. I could bend your ear on a beating I took on a caddillac and wound up with a Tahoe. I had Fords for years, I still like them but they are haveing huge problems with the new Diesel. There was recently an article about this in the Detroit News. It all cycles, next year they will probably have the Truck of the Year. The ne F-150 is out this week end. There are actually banner planes flyin around here with HUGE, and I do mean HUGE ads. Dave

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #14  
<font color="blue"> I will try to look them up....Thanks for the heads up. </font>
You're welcome. It sounds like you three have a lot in common.

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #15  
Richard,

Thanks for the interesting explanation of John Deere "thinking". It's very enlightening for those of us that are still shopping around. Provides more food for thought! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

One question if I may.

Did you mention to these reps that you would be passing this information on to the TBN crew? Did you ask these gentlemen if they knew about TBN and the wealth of information that could be explored? If they are as truly interested in customer comments and satisfaction as they say they are, wouldn't they consider TBN as a valuable tool they could at least monitor?

We never seem to hear from any manufacturer reps. Yes, we do hear from a number of dealers, and I think that's great. Speaking for myself, I truly appreciate the information the dealers provide. I view the information they provide as "straight from the horse's mouth" so to speak.

Like I said, I was just wondering if they knew about us. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #16  
We never seem to hear from any manufacturer reps

JD won't allow the reps to knowingly get on the forum and converse ?

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #17  
Not to be a cynic but does your dealer/Deere know you are a moderator on a large tractor forum? That would be a great motivator. If you get a chance to talk to them again could you ask them why they have no Humans answering the phones at their headquarters. I had a tech question about the aluminum rear axle on the 4310 the local dealer tells me its's cast iron my magnet tells me diffrent. I call Deere to ask from the horses mouth the automated operator referres me to the dealer (the horses other end)

Next step JD in my rear view mirror. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps.
Yes I did ask them about the internet. These two weren't familiar with TBN. They said they do look in occasionally at internet sites but spend most of their time one on one like this with customers to get feedback and from surveys that are sent in. I said that alot of complaints and such on internet boards. He said it's a losing battle because of so much misinformation. The one gentleman that was his job was to go to the dealers and deal with customer complaints and to look at things that needed fixed or other problems.

As far as customer complaints I have never had to wait to talk to someone in customer relations. Within 24 hours I always had a deere rep to talk to. I am certainly not a big operator by any means so there's no reason to give me any better treatment than anyone else.

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #19  
Very informative post CowBoyDoc....Thanks
Your interactions with the Deere Reps parallel the experiences I have with my local dealer. He was a John Deere Field Rep for 17 years before becoming a part owner in my local dealership. If we could only find a way to clone these people. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
He is ethical,freindly,VERY knowledgable about the John Deere products, and makes sure what I buy will arrive to me in perfect condition.(His mechanics in the shop have Torque Wrenches and USE them).
It sounds like you also have a good dealer you deal with.
Thanks again for the nice post CowBoyDoc.
Mike

/ Nice lunch with John Deere reps. #20  
Arent you a Doctor for John Deere employees? At least some of them ?