Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #11  
It would be about 1665USD today. 1EURO = 1.27USD

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #12  
It would be about 1665USD today. 1EURO = 1.27USD

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor
Is that a lot for tractor parts? It was a pretty big part. Claude had to take off the tires then the axels. I think this thig was between the axels. It was cone shaped and the inside was tooled out with ridges and little ball bearings. It ws a pretty big part, I would say aobut 8 to 10" tall. And it was heavy, like 15 lbs. The 4WD would not work because of this part, only 2WD would work. Just think how lucky we were to not pay for labor. He worked on the tractor probably a total of 8 hours. I thought the price was high but looking at the part I figured it was going to cost that much.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor
Is that a lot for tractor parts? It was a pretty big part. Claude had to take off the tires then the axels. I think this thig was between the axels. It was cone shaped and the inside was tooled out with ridges and little ball bearings. It ws a pretty big part, I would say aobut 8 to 10" tall. And it was heavy, like 15 lbs. The 4WD would not work because of this part, only 2WD would work. Just think how lucky we were to not pay for labor. He worked on the tractor probably a total of 8 hours. I thought the price was high but looking at the part I figured it was going to cost that much.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #15  
Sounds like a bevel gear in the hub. Either the gear or the pinion that drives it. Gear sets can be pricey but I don't expect to ever break one let alone two so soon.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #16  
Sounds like a bevel gear in the hub. Either the gear or the pinion that drives it. Gear sets can be pricey but I don't expect to ever break one let alone two so soon.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like a great meal. You're making me hungry! I've often wondered if the Europeans like Mexican food. )</font>

While I was stationed in Germany, the nearest town invited our Armored brigade to a havest fest. Because our Artillery battery transfered together from Texas, our cooks made a Texas styled BBQ and chili feed. The local Germans LOVED our chili the first day. However, the next day, they mentioned something must be wrong with the chili because of the terrible gas problem they had overnight. I think it was the wives who were complaining than the husbands. When the husbands complained, it was because they were made to sleep in the livingroom. Even then, when the wives came out in the morning, they complained about the smell. Most of the husbands came back for more chili. The ribs didn't seem to go over as well as the chili for some unknown reason.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like a great meal. You're making me hungry! I've often wondered if the Europeans like Mexican food. )</font>

While I was stationed in Germany, the nearest town invited our Armored brigade to a havest fest. Because our Artillery battery transfered together from Texas, our cooks made a Texas styled BBQ and chili feed. The local Germans LOVED our chili the first day. However, the next day, they mentioned something must be wrong with the chili because of the terrible gas problem they had overnight. I think it was the wives who were complaining than the husbands. When the husbands complained, it was because they were made to sleep in the livingroom. Even then, when the wives came out in the morning, they complained about the smell. Most of the husbands came back for more chili. The ribs didn't seem to go over as well as the chili for some unknown reason.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #19  
rox,
Good to hear you have delightful neighbors. The last time I replied to one of your post I said our granddaughter was coming to France for a couple of months. Well she is there now and I was wrong about the location, she is in Châtillon-St-Jean.
Is that close to you?
I hope you continue to be blessed with good neighbors and olive crops.

/ Nice Neighbor just fixed our tractor #20  
rox,
Good to hear you have delightful neighbors. The last time I replied to one of your post I said our granddaughter was coming to France for a couple of months. Well she is there now and I was wrong about the location, she is in Châtillon-St-Jean.
Is that close to you?
I hope you continue to be blessed with good neighbors and olive crops.