No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work?????

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
Trying to help my neighbor diagnose his tractor. He has a GC2300 with loader. According to him, He was using it when the loader and 3 pt. just stopped working. The strange thing to me is the HST still works, tractor is able to move forward and backward with no problem. Steering whines a little bit. Fluid level is full, 380 hours on tractor. 3 pt. lever has no resistance, joystick moves in all directions but bucket does not move.
Anyone else ever have this problem and what is the fix. Is there a separate hydraulic pump for the loader and 3 pt.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #2  
sounds like something at the pump or the main block...

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #3  
I don't know much about that model, but I assume there is an internal HST pump, and an external implement pump. I have heard some people report issues on the implement pump failing. Can't remember the reason, shaft or splines perhaps. Apparently there was an updated part from Massey.

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work?????
Thanks for the replies. I guess he'll have to take it to his dealer as I don't have the time to pull it apart for him this week.

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #5  
Is there a separate hydraulic pump for the loader and 3 pt.

As TSO reports, CUTs usually have an internal pump for the HST, and an implement pump
that is usually on the side of the engine, driven off the gears inside the front cover.

I also do not know your machine, but the implement pump also provides hyd fluid to the
power steering, and sometimes the inlet of the main HST pump (charge pump). PS flow comes
from a second pump that shares the implement pump shaft, and sometimes a flow divider
to provide charge pump service.

Since your HST still works, but the FEL does not, that points to the implement pump as
the problem. Since your PS still works, that points to the implement pump/PS pump
combo being compromised, but not disabled.

I would look for: clogged inlet screen to the implement pump, or FEL or 3-pt circuit
on relief. If the latter, that can be caused by an unseated QD fitting or a stuck FEL
or 3-pt valve.

Good luck, and report what you find.

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #6  
As TSO reports, CUTs usually have an internal pump for the HST, and an implement pump
that is usually on the side of the engine, driven off the gears inside the front cover.

I also do not know your machine, but the implement pump also provides hyd fluid to the
power steering, and sometimes the inlet of the main HST pump (charge pump). PS flow comes
from a second pump that shares the implement pump shaft, and sometimes a flow divider

Since your HST still works, but the FEL does not, that points to the implement pump as
the problem. Since your PS still works, that points to the implement pump/PS pump

I would look for: clogged inlet screen to the implement pump, or FEL or 3-pt circuit
on relief. If the latter, that can be caused by an unseated QD fitting or a stuck FEL
or 3-pt valve.

Some (mid and large frame CUT'S) also usually have a separate PS pump. Not sure on the GC series. If they do, and the PS works, at least that would eliminate the PS pump as an issue.

or 3-pt valve.

If he can wait a couple weeks then I can look into checking the inlet screen. Already pulled and reconnected the FEL connectors the other day. He has the service manual on his computer so I'll have him send me the pdf. I'm not familiar where anything is on a GC2300 either and no time to look for a while.

Some (mid and large frame CUT'S) also usually have a separate PS pump. Not sure on the GC series. If they do, and the PS works, at least that would eliminate the PS pump as an issue.

PS does work but it whines a little. Going to check with him in a few minutes for the pdf but I'm working on my classic truck to get it ready for the Syracuse Nationals next week. Blew a lower radiator hose today on way to a car show. Never made the show, had friends give me a ride back home so I could get my truck / trailer, then went and picked up truck. Put new hose on and refilled and started. A few minutes later engine started blowing white smoke out exhaust. Usually a sign of a blown or at least leaking head gasket. Cylinder head is now off, the gasket, head and block all look good but head bolts were loose. Required very little pressure to remove the bolts. Engine gasket kit on order. Shipping Monday and will get next day but not till the afternoon. That gives me Tuesday afternoon /evening and all day Wed. to get it back together. For me, the Nationals start Thursday and run thru Sunday.

/ No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #8  
If he can wait a couple weeks then I can look into checking the inlet screen. Already pulled and reconnected the FEL connectors the other day. He has the service manual on his computer so I'll have him send me the pdf. I'm not familiar where anything is on a GC2300 either and no time to look for a while.

PS does work but it whines a little. Going to check with him in a few minutes for the pdf but I'm working on my classic truck to get it ready for the Syracuse Nationals next week. Blew a lower radiator hose today on way to a car show. Never made the show, had friends give me a ride back home so I could get my truck / trailer, then went and picked up truck. Put new hose on and refilled and started. A few minutes later engine started blowing white smoke out exhaust. Usually a sign of a blown or at least leaking head gasket. Cylinder head is now off, the gasket, head and block all look good but head bolts were loose. Required very little pressure to remove the bolts. Engine gasket kit on order. Shipping Monday and will get next day but not till the afternoon. That gives me Tuesday afternoon /evening and all day Wed. to get it back together. For me, the Nationals start Thursday and run thru Sunday.

Wish it was that easy to replace head gaskets on my powerstroke! LOL... Sorry to hear about your truck misfortune tho

That's the good thing about a 66 year old truck. No computers, plenty of room to work on them. Bad thing is that parts are available but not locally and need to be ordered. I think the head gasket started leaking because bolts were never re-torqued. Truck only has 6,600 miles on it.

Attachments

• DSCN1634 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1634 (Large).JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1633 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1633 (Large).JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN1632 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1632 (Large).JPG
    399.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN1612 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1612 (Large).JPG
    497.3 KB · Views: 95
   / No 3pt or No loader function but HST does work????? #10  
The power steering pump and hydraulic pump run back to back off the front of the engine the H pump most likely needs replacing.