No AGCO forum?

/ No AGCO forum? #11  
Personally, I don't think there really needs to be an additional AGCO forum. There's already a MF forum; it would make more sense to rename it the AGCO forum and let it cover all of the AGCO brands. Same thing with Case IH and NH--why not a combined CNH forum. For the most part, AGCO questions or observations already apply in the MF forum since most machines are shared between their 3 main U.S. tractor brands.

GREAT ANSWER!!!!-----HOW ABOUT SOME NAME CHANGES!!!!!!!------BEFORE THEY GO OUT OF---------YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO SAY BUSINESS---NOT ME THAT WOULD GET THIS POST DELETED!!!!:)---STYLE IS WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY-------:rolleyes:-----From what the rumor mill is saying all of them (CIH,NH,MF,Challenger,and all the other makes of agco)may be under the agco label soon----anyone talked to Crain lately?????:confused:

/ No AGCO forum? #12  
I wish Agco would take over New Holland/Case IH. Then maybe NH/IH/Case would get some decent dealers and customer service.

/ No AGCO forum? #13  
I wish Agco would take over New Holland/Case IH. Then maybe NH/IH/Case would get some decent dealers and customer service.

Heard that CNH Capital got 5 Billion dollars of US TARP Funds so that Fiat would buy Chrysler----some of that wall street accounting---so the cih/nh--agco deal may be off but one never knows in this business environment!

/ No AGCO forum? #15  
Maybe they are compact AGCO tractors around, but from the number of sales, they do not that much. (Rob in Michigan i. E. owns a AGCO Farmtractor).

AGCO is the name of the Mothership and all the brands, more or less, are independent.

Last edited:
   / No AGCO forum? #16  
Maybe they should have their own forum. They seem to be just a little less on the retail prices but from what I was told they were in the MF camp. A MF dealer mechanic had a 40 hp taken apart with transmission problems. He said to stay away if you use them for difficult tasks.
I don't know anyone who has an AGCO. I stick with the popular brands that hopefully will have parts for many years.

/ No AGCO forum? #17  
I don't know anyone who has an AGCO. I stick with the popular brands that hopefully will have parts for many years.

AGCO supports their "heritage" brands at least as well as CNH, or Deere for that matter. With significantly fewer units still in existance, I'd bet.

/ No AGCO forum?
AGCO represents what is left over from Allis Chalmers. Before it was AGCO it was "AGCO/Allis", then they dropped the "Allis" off and just went with "AGCO".

IMO, it's a mistake not to have an AGCO or Allis Chalmers forums. If you look at tractors for sale, you'll find hundreds of AGCO, AGCO/Allis and Allis Chalmers brands of tractors still available.

Not too long ago, Allis Chalmers was a very worthy presense in argriculture before AGCO bought them out.

/ No AGCO forum?
Maybe they should have their own forum. They seem to be just a little less on the retail prices but from what I was told they were in the MF camp. A MF dealer mechanic had a 40 hp taken apart with transmission problems. He said to stay away if you use them for difficult tasks.

I don't think there's any worry there since AGCO is up there with Deere in terms of corporation size & units sold. Just their Massey ferguson brand alone is huge.

You have to remember how big AGCO really is compared to some of the really puny brands that have a forum here. It's like GM or Ford not having their own forum but Mazda does have their own forum on a pickup truck website.

/ No AGCO forum? #20  
I have herd that Agco was going to quit the compact tractors and those would then be sold by Massey Ferguson. The smallest Agco tractors would be in the 70hp area. This would make fewer models to cover on a Agco forum. Any one know if this is correct on not having smaller tractors. Even if they quit the smaller models there still are a lot of Agco tractors out there and adding a forum would be a good addition.