No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #21  
I believe Chevron also makes a Super-UDT comparable fluid, but you'd have to check their website. Does anyone have any pricing on it?

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #22  
Here is the info from the web site. I don't have prices yet. Mark

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF

Customer Benefits

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF delivers value through

Reducing operational costs — Excellent performance in a wide range of ambient and operating temperatures provides year-round improved low temperature hydraulic and transmission responsiveness versus typical John Deere J20C fluids. This eliminates the need to switch fluids between seasons thereby saving substantial operating expense.

Longer oil life — Outstanding ability of the base stock to withstand oxidation at high operating temperatures results in increased service life of the oil.

Longer equipment life — Special additives protect metal surfaces against scuffing and wear even under severe operating conditions — leading to increased equipment life.

Lower inventory cost — One fluid does the job of a full range of mobile hydraulic systems. Can replace multiple products and free up shelf space too!

Minimizing weather and storage concerns — Protects against rust and corrosion of highly finished precision parts when operating in humid conditions and during seasonal shutdown periods.

Reduced downtime — Good compatibility with seals, O-rings, and packing materials maintains their good condition and keeps leakage at a minimum.

Smoother operation — By eliminating brake "chatter" and transmission "slip" it assures quiet and efficient action of brakes and transmission.

More reliable operation — Formulation keeps metal parts clean and free of varnish and sludge deposits that could result in premature breakdown.

Features

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is a truly unique, high quality, multifunctional fluid, specially formulated for use in transmissions, final drives, wet brakes, and hydraulic systems of tractors and other equipment employing a common fluid reservoir.

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is specially designed for unsurpassed operation in all types of weather — both severe winter cold and extreme summer heat. In fact, Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF meets the requirements of both John Deere J20C and J20D specifications. This, combined with excellent oxidation stability, eliminates the need for seasonal oil changes.

Its distinctive orange color provides for easy product identification and leak detection.

Functions

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is an unsurpassed combination lubricant for modern tractors and similar equipment. It performs many functions, such as lubrication of the transmission and final drive, and serves as a hydraulic fluid to operate power steering units, brakes, implements, and attachments.

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF has a viscosity index much higher than typical multifunctional transmission/hydraulic fluids. This provides excellent flow at low temperatures and good oil film protection at high operating temperatures.

Furthermore, Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF
eliminates brake "chatter" and excessive brake facing wear
assures smooth operation of clutch packs and wet brakes
provides excellent shifting action
provides superior rust and corrosion protection for vital parts
minimizes leakage because of good compatibility with seals, O-rings, and packing materials
prevents sludge and varnish formation
protects metal surfaces against scuffing and wear
provides superior gear lubrication compared to typical cold weather, low viscosity tractor hydraulic fluids
allows for ready leak detection because of its distinctive orange color.

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is compatible with other combination tractor, transmission, and hydraulic fluids. It is recommended as an Allison C4 fluid for use in their transmissions.

Applications

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is recommended for use
as a multifunctional and multiseasonal fluid in all types of tractors and construction equipment.
in any application which calls for the following OEM lubricant specifications:

John Deere — J20C, J20D
AGCO — improved power fluid 821XL
Ford New Holland — ESN-M2C134-D, FNHA-2-C-201, FNHA-2-C-200
Massey Ferguson — M1135, M1141, M1127, M1129A
White Farm Equipment — Q-1826
Case — JIC-143, JIC-145, MS 1206, MS 1207
Oliver — Type 55
Minneapolis-Moline Fluids
Caterpillar TO-2
Renk — Bus Automatic Transmission Fluid
Allison C4
Kubota Super UDT, UDT
International Harvester B6

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is an excellent hydraulic fluid for all types of hydraulic systems. It passes the High Pressure Vane Pump Test, ASTM D 2882, with less than 15 mg steel weight loss.

Do not use in high pressure systems in the vicinity of flames, sparks and hot surfaces. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep container closed.

Typical Test Data

CPS Number 255237
MSDS Number 6948
API Gravity 34.5
Viscosity, Kinematic
cSt at 40°C
cSt at 100°C 44.7
Viscosity, Saybolt
SUS at 100°F
SUS at 210°F 225
Viscosity, Brookfield
cP at -40°C 17,000
Viscosity Index 204
Flash Point, °C(°F) 242(468)
Pour Point, °C(°F) -45(-49)
Color Orange

Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing.

Source: TTF-45
Date: 09/18/2000
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001 ChevronTexaco Corporation. All rights reserved.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #23  
The local distributor can get this stuff by next week. It is $56.50 per 5 gallons and it's ORANGE !!
Anyone have a current price on Super UDT??

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #24  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorsmart.com>TractorSmart</A> has Super UDT listed at $60.60 for 5 gals, +$5 total shipping for any quantity.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #25  
If I remember correctly I was quoted $594 for a barrel of the Chevron synthetic hydraulic fluid.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #26  
I was quoted $64.35 per 5 gallon bucket and 3 week delivery for All-weather synthetic from my local Chevron jobber. I ordered some on 7/1/02 and to my knowledge, it hasn't come in yet.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #27  
Super UDT at TractorSmart is even cheaper when you buy it in the 2.5 gallon jugs ($25.40 each). The shipping is really just $5 for the lot. It is dropped shipped directly from Kubota in Georgia to your place.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #28  
<font color=blue>...$64.35 per 5 gallon bucket...</font color=blue>

Hi Jeff,

Did you order enough for both the Kubota and Yanmar...? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

In your profile, I see you're in Georgia... I've got one question...

Exactly what benefits do you expect to gain from using synthetic over dino...? (maybe I'm missing something...)

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #29  
Well, its beginning to look like I won't be getting any benefits from using the Chevron synthetic as I have yet to see it or receive word that it is on the way. To answer your questions, I really can't think of any quantifiable benefits that I expect to receive from synthetic over dino. Cold flow properties would probably be the most apparent, but you are right that I'm in NW GA and if it ever drops below 0 degrees F here, it usually isn't for long. I guess I'm doing it for more of a warm fuzzy feeling that I'm not cutting any corners with regard to my new tractor. I have been impressed by my observations of Mobil 1 after its use in my autmobiles for mfg. max drain intervals. Again, only my perception, not quantifiable.
As for the older Yanny, it leaks both hydro and oil a little so synthetic would actually be both counterproductive and even more expensive.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #30  
I will probably bite the bullet and let the dealer do the 50 hour thing.
After that I will probably use Centex or Shell. What ever the highest grade hydraulic or trans fluid is that the local farm supply sells.