No more 'treadle pedal'

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
I was looking at an new MX series with hydrostat drive and immediately noticed that Kubota got rid of the clunky 'treadle pedal' and replaced it with a much shorter 2 level cast aluminum pedal control that is 100% Drive by Wire. Never had a hydrostat but I've always not been impressed with the oversized 'treadle pedal'. Not there on the new MX series.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #2  
I assume you mean cables when you say 'drive by wire?' Not like 'fly by wire' in an aircraft which means electronics. Interesting. I need to go look at one...

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #3  
Haha! But, but, .... but all these guys on here saying how great the treadle is (more like denial, because the rest of the machine is so great)

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #4  
The treadle is sort of kind of OK once you get used to it and have a good right foot ankle, but I can certainly see a big problem for someone who has issues with the ankle movement in their right foot!

Has anyone done a conversion?

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #6  
I was looking at an new MX series with hydrostat drive and immediately noticed that Kubota got rid of the clunky 'treadle pedal' and replaced it with a much shorter 2 level cast aluminum pedal control that is 100% Drive by Wire. Never had a hydrostat but I've always not been impressed with the oversized 'treadle pedal'. Not there on the new MX series.
So this is gone on the 2022's and replaced by 2 pedals?

Attachments

• IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 396
   / No more 'treadle pedal' #7  
I hate the treadle. Sooooo much easier with the normal 2-pedal setup. At least for me.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #8  
Only thing on the B that is worse than JD. Sooo many other things are better.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #9  
I love the treadle pedal on my tractor and hate the JD I have to drive when I volunteer to cut grass at the Church camp. Every tractor should have a treadle pedal. The World would be a better place.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #10  
I hate the treadle. Sooooo much easier with the normal 2-pedal setup. At least for me.
I agree, I would love to see a picture of the new pedals on the the MX line.