No Velveeta......This is serious!

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #21  
What's your chip of choice to dip in that? :licking:

On the Border Tortilla Chips is my first and most frequent choice, although lots of others are good, too.

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #23  
Nope. I'm gonna eat it; got a crockpot of 2 lbs. of Velveeta, one pound Pernell Old Folks medium sausage, and one can of generic Rotel simmering right now.:D

Please tell us you are kidding Bird....God Bless if you can eat that and stay among the living...Yikes...A joke right ? :confused3:

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #24  
Please tell us you are kidding Bird....God Bless if you can eat that and stay among the living...Yikes...A joke right ? :confused3:

Nope, not kidding at all. Of course I'm not gonna eat it all in one, or even 2 or 3, days. Just finished putting it in a couple of pyrex bowls with lids and when it cools, it'll go into the refrigerator. When we want a little of it, we just put a bit on a saucer, heat it in the microwave, and get out the chips. So it'll probably last a couple of weeks; maybe longer.

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #25  
Nope, not kidding at all. Of course I'm not gonna eat it all in one, or even 2 or 3, days. Just finished putting it in a couple of pyrex bowls with lids and when it cools, it'll go into the refrigerator. When we want a little of it, we just put a bit on a saucer, heat it in the microwave, and get out the chips. So it'll probably last a couple of weeks; maybe longer.

Whew ! You had me concerned...I see it is a dip...little at a time...;) I thought you were going to sit down and eat all of it for supper tonight..LOL

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #27  
Whew ! You had me concerned...I see it is a dip...little at a time...;) I thought you were going to sit down and eat all of it for supper tonight..LOL

Yep, a little queso, Tex-Mex style. Altough, I'd add 2 cans of the extra hot Rotel for 2 pounds of Velveeta! :laughing: It is good!

I prefer to fry my chips fresh, with tortillas cut into quarters, but On The Border chips are pretty good too!

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #28  
In Texas HEB has a store brand "Velveeta" that is an ok substitute if your making sausage, queso, Rotel dip.

Agree with FG, it's one can of HOT Rotel per block of Velveeta, we also use Jerry Owen's HOT sausage.

Now you've all got me hungry but, I'm sitting at Mexico City airport waiting for flight back to Houston. There's always tomorrow I guess.

Rick

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #29  
Actually, Walmart's Great Value diced tomatoes with green chilies is very mild compared to the hot Rotel, but gives the dip a little flavor. I'd probably like the hot stuff even more, but my wife wouldn't. I run it through the Magic Bullet blender to get it thoroughly mixed. And Pernell's Old Folks sausage comes in "medium" and "hot". I like their sausages better than any brand, but I'd call their "medium" mild and their "hot" medium. In other words, it's not really hot.

/ No Velveeta......This is serious! #30  
Actually, Walmart's Great Value diced tomatoes with green chilies is very mild compared to the hot Rotel, but gives the dip a little flavor. I'd probably like the hot stuff even more, but my wife wouldn't. I run it through the Magic Bullet blender to get it thoroughly mixed. And Pernell's Old Folks sausage comes in "medium" and "hot". I like their sausages better than any brand, but I'd call their "medium" mild and their "hot" medium. In other words, it's not really hot.

Bird you do know, as we age, our impression of "hot" changes. The receptors on our tongues become less sensitive just like our ears and eyes become less sensitive. I am not sure what I am trying to say here, because also as we get older our thoughts become more "muddled" too:D