Noise cancelling earphones

/ Noise cancelling earphones
Thanks for the replies. My goal is to listen to music from my iPhone while also cutting out machine noise to help protect my hearing.

I had been looking at the Bose and Sony products but wasn't sure if they could block out the machine noise to listen to music at a reasonable level.

Hadn't really thought about Bluetooth but that would be very convenient.

I will check out the Stihl offering too.

/ Noise cancelling earphones
   / Noise cancelling earphones #13  
I had been looking at the Bose and Sony products but wasn't sure if they could block out the machine noise to listen to music at a reasonable level.
Can't comment on the Sony, but the absolutely yes with the Bose. They are super comfortable also. Any chance you have a Bose store/outlet nearby to try them on?

/ Noise cancelling earphones #14  
Not noise canceling, but have you thought about a set of Peltor (or Stihl) Worktunes?

Cheaper (and likely tougher for outside work) than the Bose. They have built in radio, or you can use an iPod for your own music

I've used these for the last 10 years or so, work great for carpentry and lawn work...if it's not important to hear anyone trying to get your attention. I always listen to the radio, but there's a jack for an ipod, etc.

I keep a pair in the shop, on the tool trailer and at the house, wouldn't hesitate buying them again if they ever break, but I've had all of them for 5-10 years.

Amazon.com: work tunes headphones

One thing to keep in mind is that you probably won't be able to hear any engine sound anomalies while wearing.

/ Noise cancelling earphones #15  
My hearing must be too far gone or more likely, I do not run the really loud attachments (rotary cutter etc) but I am not bothered in the least by the tractor sounds. However, everybody who uses Bose says they are, without a doubt, the best at blocking out loud noises.

/ Noise cancelling earphones #16  
Thanks for the replies. My goal is to listen to music from my iPhone while also cutting out machine noise to help protect my hearing.

Hadn't really thought about Bluetooth but that would be very convenient.

I will check out the Stihl offering too.
The Bose and Sonys block noise around 160hz to 300hz. W/o research, I'm not sure if thats good enough.

/ Noise cancelling earphones #17  
I also have Bose QC15s. I've had them for two years and mostly only use them when I travel internationally a few times each year.

I finally used them last month when I shredded my pastures for about 10 hours one day - WOW.

I've always been impressed with them, but I think they have never been worth the $ I paid for them more than on my tractor with my cutter running behind it.

I will never cut without them again. Saving my ears AND listening to music on my iPhone at the same time is very nice!

/ Noise cancelling earphones #18  
I have the qc 15s too had about 5 years use on the tractor and I ride 2000 miles each year on the atv and usu them each time. Worth the $ in the long run

/ Noise cancelling earphones #19  
Is it comfortable with the ear muffs over the ear buds?

I love the backbeats - I use them in the car for phone calls and all weekend long for music while I am working outdoors. Throw on some ear muffs when on the tractor etc and its a nice combination. They are very comfortable and yes after 5 hours or so with ear muffs on I can feel some pressure on the ears because of the ear muffs pushing on the back beats. The only other thing that bothers me is that the back beats wrap around the back of your neck and so when I am wearing a winter coat with a stiff collar, the collar tends to move the ear buds when bending over and without ear muffs on - but isnt' everything a trade off?

/ Noise cancelling earphones #20  
If you have an iPhone, you're already half way there!

2F858693-0AAE-45D5-BF83-F982CB757FB6-145-000000218C06F9A4.jpg

76A63659-553C-4B47-83D0-E4E1904AE53D-145-000000218ECA155C.jpg