Noise in transmission

/ Noise in transmission
Talked to a service rep out east that sells foton's as well as Jinma's and he said the tranny's are quite different between the two. He's been to the factory for foton's and he said was very impressive. Now, as for the noise issue, He's tellin guys that own these to overfill the gear oil about .5 inches because of a noise coming from the pto shaft underneath. Keeps spinnin even though the pto is not engaged! I guess there's not enough oil splashin on the shaft.

Cory

/ Noise in transmission #52  
Cory,

You mention 3 chambers. Keep in mind that the rear chamber is separate from the other 2 and takes hydraulic oil. The front chamber for the shuttle shift is fed gear oil from the 2nd chamber through the bearings.
TransmissionOilChange.jpg

In the above quote you mention a third camber which takes hydraulic oil. Are you talking about the hydraulic system reservoir? Or is there a place in the transmission that takes hydraulic oil?

I've pulled all the plugs (4 plugs?) under the tractor and drained the transmission oil. I then replaced the oil via the dip stick hole next to the shifter. Is there another place that needs to be refilled?

/ Noise in transmission #53  
No, those 4 plugs drain the transmission fluid and the single fill hole refills all of the chambers that require transmission oil.
RonJ

/ Noise in transmission
Sorry if I mislead you, no I mean the 3 chambers up front all take tranny fluid with the dipstick measuring by the shifter. On mine, the hydrolic chamber is below the seat.

/ Noise in transmission #55  
I had a similar clunk clunk sound. Initially, I thought it was the transmission then I noticed the 3pt hitch was sliding around. I breathed a sigh of relief and removed the load from the hitch to only later have the same noise return again later.

It sounded exactly like it was coming from between the rear wheels.

Then I found the cause of the noise. It was a slightly loose wheel weight which wasn't apparent to the eye. Only socket a driver revealed how loose the bolts were.

It sounds silly by make sure the wheels and weights are tight.