non detergent 30 weight oil

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #21  

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #22  

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #23  
My big cat machine was spec’d directly from Caterpillar corporation, to be fine with the same engine oil also used in the big hydraulic system. Had nothing to do with “counter jockeys “.

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #24  
Interesting article but I'll stick with my synthetic hydraulic oil. I will say that Hydro-Gear specifies multi grade engine oil (15-40) for use in their hydrostatic drive units.

I don't have an emulsified water in the oil issue as my units stay inside when not in use and if they did get water in the hydraulic oil, I'm sure I get them hot enough during use to vaporize it anyway.

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #25  
My big cat machine was spec’d directly from Caterpillar corporation, to be fine with the same engine oil also used in the big hydraulic system. Had nothing to do with “counter jockeys “.
Whatever. I have a 'BIG Cat' as well in the barn, big 3406 NZ model to be exact.

You entirely missed the point of my post but that was expected.

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #26  
Whatever. I have a 'BIG Cat' as well in the barn, big 3406 NZ model to be exact.

You entirely missed the point of my post but that was expected.
Exactly what point did I entirely miss…that was to be expected?

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #28  
I used to own a D3B
It was a good machine and did everything I wanted but too heavy for me to transport when I ran out of work for it.

Now have a 350c I can transport and very capable but I miss the D3

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #29  
Can it be used as hydraulic oil?

My CAT recommends 30 Wt Hydraulic oil, and as far as I can tell, it is just ordinary oil.
“While both oils are lubricants, engine oil and hydraulic oil are two entirely different products. Engine oil is a built-for-purpose lubricant utilized to clean and protect internal combustion engines, while hydraulic oils are non-flammable fluids employed in hydraulic systems.”

/ non detergent 30 weight oil #30