Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #81  
Amazing (y)

I can't get to the top of a 12' step ladder without getting the willies.
I used to work on stepladders now ~
Step ladders make me nervous.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #82  
worked for the Ship Scalers union (part of longshoremen) out of SF in early 70's. holes were torched within the internal hull baffles, we would climb inside w/lights & hand scale the hull rust. good money, didn't stay there long & very surreal

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #84  
How about a red machine fixing a green machine? Makes changing the mower blades very eas.

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #85  
I used the tractor as a come along years ago to put up my 120' tower. Had a pulley at the base of the 1st 10' section that was set in 3 yds of concrete. The rope went up the tower to the gin pole pulley and then back to the ground. The next section to go up was just pulled up and lowered onto the existing section and bolted in. Move the gin pole up to he top of that new section. Repeat until 12 sections up.
My 16 yo son operated the tractor and I was on the tower. Tractor did all the 'work' including pulling the gin pole up each section.
Pictures, please. Obviously you were busy but hopefully there was someone around to capture that event!

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #86  
When I first got the tractor, my DW asked just why. I told her it saves me from back breaking work. She said prove it. In 15mins I got this odd idea. I still do it today. I can move so many cattle coral panels with ease and haul them a few acres to setup on the other side of the farm.
fence-carry01.jpg

fence-carry-02.jpg

fence-carry-03.jpg

and with those same skid boards on the box blade, I can haul the thick and heavy wooden fence posts too.

fence-post-carry.jpg

Last edited:
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #87  
Amazing (y)

I can't get to the top of a 12' step ladder without getting the willies.
lol, me too but that's on a 6' ladder. Strap on a full body climbing harness and I'm a hero

the tower after it was erected. There is a bearing at 60'. The top 60' rotated.
1707532437565.jpeg

:)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #88  
I made a couple of 3 ft long forks, from 3” x 1/4” x 3’ long angle iron, which I bolt to the bottom of my tractor’s heavy duty bucket. Each attaches with (2) grade 5 bolts, a 1/2” thru existing 9/16” holes in the cutting edge aligned with the loader arms, and a second 3/8” bolt thru 7/16” holes that I drilled thru about a foot back on the bucket (about 2’ of the forks extend out front).

I made several different wood “fork extensions” which fit inside the angle iron sections and are held on with a single 1/2” carriage bolt. I use the medium length ones (4 ft long) for moving portable hunting blinds:
IMG_2465.jpeg

The longer wood extensions (6 ft long) work great for lifting the 8 ft long fiberglass truck cap on and off of my pickup truck. Way less hassle, and easier on my back, than finding someone to help and lifting it manually. It takes me less than (5) minutes to install the forks (which are often on the tractor anyhow because I use them for moving logs and stuff), and under a minute to install the wood extensions.

When the cap is not on the pickup, it is clamped on a 4 ft high 3-sided wall “wood splitter shed” made from wood framing and aluminum garage door sections. I move the splitter into my pole barn when “the roof” is on my pickup. The cap usually stays on the truck all winter.
IMG_1443.jpeg

To get that cap onto the truck, I just open up the back door, remove the clamps, drive the fork extensions in the back, and lift it onto the truck with the tractor. The whole operation is nearly effortless and takes less than 15 minutes.

Last edited:
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #90  
Cleaning the mower deck and changing the blsfed

Attachments

• 20210702_100221.jpg
    20210702_100221.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41