normal operation of a rotary cutter?????

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #31  
Well, just for a little clarity, my comment about Sevin was a joke. I have no idea if there is any actual resistance. A lot of things will kill a fire ant but the logistics and economics of ridding large areas of ants is a different story.

Also, the term "Global Warming" carries a lot more baggage than 'climatic change'.

Finally, my point was that neither climatic change nor natural selection seems to have had much impact on the northward progress of the fire ant. They have been moving into areas that they have always been capable of surviving in but simple just haven't physically gotten there yet. Its been warm enough for fire ants, year round, here in SC for generations. They simply just got here.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #32  
Well, just for a little clarity, my comment about Sevin was a joke. I have no idea if there is any actual resistance. A lot of things will kill a fire ant but the logistics and economics of ridding large areas of ants is a different story.

Also, the term "Global Warming" carries a lot more baggage than 'climatic change'.

Finally, my point was that neither climatic change nor natural selection seems to have had much impact on the northward progress of the fire ant. They have been moving into areas that they have always been capable of surviving in but simple just haven't physically gotten there yet. Its been warm enough for fire ants, year round, here in SC for generations. They simply just got here.

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #33  
It would be nice if you guys would put up tiny little "no trespassing" signs for them so they wouldn't come up here. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Maybe you could require them to get little green cards or something so they can't stay too long. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #34  
It would be nice if you guys would put up tiny little "no trespassing" signs for them so they wouldn't come up here. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Maybe you could require them to get little green cards or something so they can't stay too long. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #35  
Maybe they'll start taking the jobs no one wants. Then we can open the borders and let them ALL in. (And give 'em welfare) Works for some foreigners

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #36  
Maybe they'll start taking the jobs no one wants. Then we can open the borders and let them ALL in. (And give 'em welfare) Works for some foreigners

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Maybe they'll start taking the jobs no one wants )</font>

Maybe they already have. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've read that they have a beneficial effect in cotton crops; that if you have fire ants, you'll never have boll weavils. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Maybe they'll start taking the jobs no one wants )</font>

Maybe they already have. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've read that they have a beneficial effect in cotton crops; that if you have fire ants, you'll never have boll weavils. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #39  
<font color="blue"> Besides, how do you explain the coyotes? Fifteen to twenty years ago, none, now we're covered with them. </font>

Explanation is simple. They are great tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #40  
<font color="blue"> Besides, how do you explain the coyotes? Fifteen to twenty years ago, none, now we're covered with them. </font>

Explanation is simple. They are great tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif