Price Check Not sure of my investment

/ Not sure of my investment #31  
That's pretty clever. I was trying to figure out how it mounted. Looks like it hangs off the drawbar in the back.

/ Not sure of my investment #32  
generally on a used piece like this you should be paying approx. 25% off what one would sell for new.

/ Not sure of my investment
Thank you. That formula seems to fit and more at least for the pacific NW.

/ Not sure of my investment #34  
Hey, if you want to spend more, and get less, that's your choice. :D

Just don't buy into the "it's an investment"....it's not. It's a purchase/expense, that is guaranteed to lose money. The whole "it's a better investment" is a salesman's trick to fool people who don't know any better.

He's not spending more and getting less. Kind of a rude post actually.
He's spending more and getting more.
I have a Kioti and a Deere and I have spend time in the DK55 cab too. I like them, solid tractors and very well priced. However, when I bought my latest tractor I passed over the DK50 and DK55 and bought a JD 4520. It's just that much nicer. The only feature I would like to have on the Deere that is on the Kioti is the second control for the 3pt hitch at the back. When I had the McCormick and fabricated one for it and I will likely do the same on the Deere.

The tractor the OP is looking at will also have eHydro which blows standard HST out of the water and is very much worth it.
As long as I could afford it I would by the Deere, it's worth it. If I couldn't I would have no problem parking another Kioti at my place.

I think that price is ok by the way. In the long run you will forget about what you paid and just like using the tractor.

There is no front mounted snowblower for the 4000 series. I am adapting the blower from the 3000 series to mine but there is some cutting and welding going on to do it. I do have a rear blower on my 2720 and it works great. If I were you and you don't know how to weld, get the Erskine or Meteor or what ever for the back of the machine. It will work fine.

Steve is right, the jump from 4320 to 4520 is worth the small price increase but most people actually have more power than they use and the 4320 is a good machine.

/ Not sure of my investment #35  
Not really a selling point, IMO. Brush hogging is unexpectedly destructive to tractors. Way different from finish-mowing, because you are semi-regularly running into rocks, cinderblocks, engine blocks, ditches, spools of barbed wire, well heads, and so forth without expecting it. I mean, if it was being used to load gravel all day long, that'd probably be harder work, but bush-hogging isn't exactly light work. Meh. I guess it depends on what you're hogging. The guy who lives next to me mows a big field twice a year. It's bush-hogging, but there are no surprises there.
As you write it greatly depends.
Tractors that spend their life bushhogging interstate medians probably run across FEW well heads. A VW or FIAT maybe.
But if they are run by hired out low budget firms their maintenance may be abysmal.
generally on a used piece like this you should be paying approx. 25% off what one would sell for new.

Is that "what one would sell for new" meant as:
25% off LIST price
or
25% off what one would normally get after bargaining, which seems to be typically 10% to 15% off LIST price?

Just wondering.

/ Not sure of my investment #36  
I have a Kioti and a Deere and I have spend time in the DK55 cab too. I like them, solid tractors and very well priced. However, when I bought my latest tractor I passed over the DK50 and DK55 and bought a JD 4520. It's just that much nicer. The only feature I would like to have on the Deere that is on the Kioti is the second control for the 3pt hitch at the back. When I had the McCormick and fabricated one for it and I will likely do the same on the Deere.

The tractor the OP is looking at will also have eHydro which blows standard HST out of the water and is very much worth it.
As long as I could afford it I would by the Deere, it's worth it. If I couldn't I would have no problem parking another Kioti at my place.

I think that price is ok by the way. In the long run you will forget about what you paid and just like using the tractor.

There is no front mounted snowblower for the 4000 series. I am adapting the blower from the 3000 series to mine but there is some cutting and welding going on to do it. I do have a rear blower on my 2720 and it works great. If I were you and you don't know how to weld, get the Erskine or Meteor or what ever for the back of the machine. It will work fine.

Steve is right, the jump from 4320 to 4520 is worth the small price increase but most people actually have more power than they use and the 4320 is a good machine.

Very interesting charley. I'll bet there will be a lot of guys interested on how you make out. :thumbsup:

/ Not sure of my investment #37  

Hi, question for you, when you bought your 4520 that you could afford, did you buy a new one?

If you were in this mans shoes, and could get a new DK50 HST Cab with 5 year warranty for similar money as the six year old 650hr Deere with no warranty, would you still by the Deere?

If your budget was 28 to 30 grand what would you do?

Last edited:
   / Not sure of my investment #38  

This is the Internet. Smiley faces are used to indicate humor, teasing, joking, or other good-natured commentary. That's why I put one after that comment. Rude would have been correcting all the grammar, spelling, and diction errors in your reply. ;)

Yep, he's getting more....more wear and tear, more out-of-pocket repair expenses, etc, etc. As I recall, if you go back to around when the tractor in question was new, there were a number of posts here about major problems with eHydro units.

I never said the Deere was a bad choice. He mentioned a Kubota, and since he was already considering another brand, I said there are alternatives that will do as much work, or more, for less money, that are brand new. If he's not interested in those, that's completely his choice. The wonderful thing here is that you can ignore any advice you feel like. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Not sure of my investment #39  
Hi, question for you, when you bought your 4520 that you could afford, did you buy a new one?

If you were in this mans shoes, and could get a new DK50 HST Cab with 5 year warranty for similar money as the six year old 650hr Deere with no warranty, would you still by the Deere?

I think you are misleading people into thinking Kioti offers a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty, which they do not. The actual warranty for a Kioti tractor is 2 years bumper-to-bumper warranty and a 4 years Powertrain warranty (Warranty | Kioti Tractors). If buying a new JD (which the OP is not), the JD is not much different with a 2 year bumper-to-bumper warranty and 3 year Powertrain warranty. While I like the Kioti tractors, my bias would be to take the JD with the eHyro or Kubota's HST Plus over the Kioti's HST.

/ Not sure of my investment #40  

Good question.

I'd buy the Deere in a heartbeat. The cab alone is worth the price to me. I got a chance to sit in a Kioti cab a while back (state fair) and I was unimpressed to say the least. Not only that I couldn't tell you where there might be a Kioti dealership. Around here it's Deere, Kubota, Massy F. and Case. I had never even heard of Kioti up until about 3 yrs ago, are they new? :D