NS4710 What to look for?

/ NS4710 What to look for? #1  

fishbones

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I just put down deposit yesterday an a NS4710.
It will be a couple weeks before its delivered, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has a list of things to look for when delivered and to keep an eye on during the first 50 hours or so. TY.

/ NS4710 What to look for? #3  
Try all functions before delivery driver leaves. If possible, go to dealers lot before delivery and play with it making sure it all works

/ NS4710 What to look for? #4  
I've enjoyed mine. It's a great size, and a comfortable cockpit. I'm 6'2" and it's roomy. My DK35 was cramped. Suspension seat is great, but I wish it would fold to keep the barn cats off the seat. All the safety features take some getting used to; tractor shuts down when you get off the tractor if the brake and transmission aren't set properly.

Are you getting the shuttle shift version or the hydrostatic transmission? Mine is the SS.

The transmission oil filter is painted on and is an absolute bear to remove the first time.

The user manual is vague and some references are incorrect.

The rops doesn't fold in the middle so it is not very useful to fold it. It sticks way out the back. Mine doesn't have a cab.

The regen of the particulate filter is a little invasive. Since I mow a lot with mine, I can usually just keep mowing while it regens.

It only comes with one side mirror, so I bought the other one. It would be great to have a step on the right side too but I don't know if they make one.

Overall, a very nice tractor.

/ NS4710 What to look for?
I've enjoyed mine. It's a great size, and a comfortable cockpit. I'm 6'2" and it's roomy. My DK35 was cramped. Suspension seat is great, but I wish it would fold to keep the barn cats off the seat. All the safety features take some getting used to; tractor shuts down when you get off the tractor if the brake and transmission aren't set properly.

Are you getting the shuttle shift version or the hydrostatic transmission? Mine is the SS.

The transmission oil filter is painted on and is an absolute bear to remove the first time.

The user manual is vague and some references are incorrect.

The rops doesn't fold in the middle so it is not very useful to fold it. It sticks way out the back. Mine doesn't have a cab.

The regen of the particulate filter is a little invasive. Since I mow a lot with mine, I can usually just keep mowing while it regens.

It only comes with one side mirror, so I bought the other one. It would be great to have a step on the right side too but I don't know if they make one.

Overall, a very nice tractor.
Thanks WRX, glad to hear that!
I ordered an open station hydro. I was thinking the same on the step on right side.
Yah, dont know whey they did that with the ROP bar folding, Kioti site shows it folding in the middle. I have a top to put on and will be cutting down my ROP 6" or so that way I wont have to fold it when getting in and out of garage.
I am having dealer install 3rd function kit. I opted to wait on linked pedal to see if I really need it with the hydro since your supposed to use these at 1800 rpm + all the time. Dealer makes a nice, in house Grapple so I have them making a 60" for me. There also customizing a heavy duty 3 point trailer hitch into a log skidder which I will mount a 12k winch onto. I am definitely looking forward to the larger platform as getting on and off my LK3054 is not a joy.

Try all functions before delivery driver leaves. If possible, go to dealers lot before delivery and play with it making sure it all works
Thats a great suggestion, thank you, I will definitely go over it before it leaves the dealer.

/ NS4710 What to look for? #7  
I just put down deposit yesterday an a NS4710.
It will be a couple weeks before its delivered, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has a list of things to look for when delivered and to keep an eye on during the first 50 hours or so. TY.
I have the hydrostat model. Check for loader hydrolic leaks mine had several but only required tightening or manipulatinng the quick connects. The oil filters are put on the machine presumably at the factory and are way too tight. Kioti needs to train their assemblers better. I filled my rear tires with washer fluid for ballast. Pretty easy to do if you watch a few YouTube videos. Also welded 3 chain hooks on front bucket which are very handy. Seems like a good tractor but if you read forums on Kiotis this general size there are a lot of potential issues you could run into. On a side note this issue about running your tractor at high rpm constantly to avoid frequent regens look at Rock Hill Farm YouTuber. He reports this is exactly the wrong thing to do and has a link to an official Deere video explaining this. Good Luck.
r

/ NS4710 What to look for? #8  
I have the hydrostat model. Check for loader hydrolic leaks mine had several but only required tightening or manipulatinng the quick connects. The oil filters are put on the machine presumably at the factory and are way too tight. Kioti needs to train their assemblers better. I filled my rear tires with washer fluid for ballast. Pretty easy to do if you watch a few YouTube videos. Also welded 3 chain hooks on front bucket which are very handy. Seems like a good tractor but if you read forums on Kiotis this general size there are a lot of potential issues you could run into. On a side note this issue about running your tractor at high rpm constantly to avoid frequent regens look at Rock Hill Farm YouTuber. He reports this is exactly the wrong thing to do and has a link to an official Deere video explaining this. Good Luck.
r
My dealer said since rear wheel weights were not available for the DK I bought, he would not let it off the lot without putting rim guard in the rears (included in price). Happen to have a link to that video, that guy has lots of them out there.

My dealer said since rear wheel weights were not available for the DK I bought, he would not let it off the lot without putting rim guard in the rears (included in price). Happen to have a link to that video, that guy has lots of them out there.
My dealer and i discussed that, I have softer ground I will be working in, black loamie soil. We decided to wait on the rim guard and just go with a ballast for now. My main concern was sinking in too much with the extra weight.

r
Thats an interesting video. My dealer, who I have known for a long time, and I consider the most knowledgeable in the area, said to keep it running at 1800 unless more rpm's are needed. Now he mentions 'full" throttle, 1800 is not full throttle. I generally cruise on 1500 with my LK3054.