NS4710 What to look for?

/ NS4710 What to look for? #11  
I didn’t see anything about this in my owners manual, however, the DK does have an indicator at the 1800 mark. Now that I’ve looked, I am surprised they use 2 different meters. I run mine at and above 1800 and no I am not a believer of the e-pto. IMO, pto powered is at full pto speed, not a guessing game on torque curves.

Attachments

• DK meter.JPG
    DK meter.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • NS meter.JPG
    NS meter.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 32
   / NS4710 What to look for? #12  
But, EPto is full 540RPM. Just like PTO is 540RPM.

I use EPTO when tilling our non virgin clay loam. I really don’t need full power to do it.

The A2300N2 chart shows max torque/hp is at 1900 RPM. So Epto on many compacts will actually maximize torque, with less HP for sure, and better economy.
engines_a2300n2_performance_v1.jpg

Last edited:
   / NS4710 What to look for? #13  
I just put down deposit yesterday an a NS4710.
It will be a couple weeks before its delivered, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has a list of things to look for when delivered and to keep an eye on during the first 50 hours or so. TY.
Adding the linked pedal is well worth it if you believe running the engine only at the rpms you actually need for a given task as Deere recommends. My Kubota M59 operates like this but it is an electronic link rather than mechanical as the Kioti for the NS4710 is set up. Both work well.

/ NS4710 What to look for? #14  
I have the hydrostat model. Check for loader hydrolic leaks mine had several but only required tightening or manipulatinng the quick connects. The oil filters are put on the machine presumably at the factory and are way too tight. Kioti needs to train their assemblers better. I filled my rear tires with washer fluid for ballast. Pretty easy to do if you watch a few YouTube videos. Also welded 3 chain hooks on front bucket which are very handy. Seems like a good tractor but if you read forums on Kiotis this general size there are a lot of potential issues you could run into. On a side note this issue about running your tractor at high rpm constantly to avoid frequent regens look at Rock Hill Farm YouTuber. He reports this is exactly the wrong thing to do and has a link to an official Deere video explaining this. Good Luck.
r
Those 3 hooks you welded are a great accessory. Should come standard since they get used so much. Good job...

/ NS4710 What to look for?
Just got back from getting my new NS4710H setup. Added my canopy, made it hinged so I could collapse it down then angle ROP down and get into my 8 ft opening. Put lights on front and back of ROP, wired in electrical for my 12k winch on the rear, new larger tool box, aluminum scabbard mounted for chainsaw. So far so good. Extras I had dealer do is hydraulic top link, 3rd function kit and they welded in a wire brush guard and one of their in house made 60" grapples.
1710698194135.png

1710698215097.png

1710698240183.png

1710698260349.png

1710698286112.png

1710698318564.png

1710698347700.png

/ NS4710 What to look for? #16  
I've enjoyed mine. It's a great size, and a comfortable cockpit. I'm 6'2" and it's roomy. My DK35 was cramped. Suspension seat is great, but I wish it would fold to keep the barn cats off the seat. All the safety features take some getting used to; tractor shuts down when you get off the tractor if the brake and transmission aren't set properly.

Are you getting the shuttle shift version or the hydrostatic transmission? Mine is the SS.

The transmission oil filter is painted on and is an absolute bear to remove the first time.

The user manual is vague and some references are incorrect.

The rops doesn't fold in the middle so it is not very useful to fold it. It sticks way out the back. Mine doesn't have a cab.

The regen of the particulate filter is a little invasive. Since I mow a lot with mine, I can usually just keep mowing while it regens.

It only comes with one side mirror, so I bought the other one. It would be great to have a step on the right side too but I don't know if they make one.

Overall, a very nice tractor.
Had the same issue with my open station and the barn cats. Cured that issue with a Hefty garbage bag real quick like.