NX 50hr service

/ NX 50hr service #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
I'm currently preparing for my tractor's 50hr service and was surprised at how little is listed to be done for this service. Only the following items are called out:

1. Change front axle oil
2. Change transmission filter
3. Check engine ignition system
4. Grease
5. Check wheel bolts

Axle oil can be hydraulic fluid, yes? (I think the service manual mentions that Kioti ships this way.)

/ NX 50hr service #3  
I don't remember for sure but I thought I had to change the motor oil at 50 hours.
As DK35 did, I used gear oil in my front end.

/ NX 50hr service #4  
Also change oil and filter.
And I personally would check all the bolts you can get at. Especially the wheel and loader mount bolts
My front axle takes time for the oil to settle in when filling. Needed checked and added to several times after it was run for a bit to get to level out at the full mark

/ NX 50hr service
The service manual shows oil and oil filter changes for tier 3 engines, but for the tier 4 engines they don't.

/ NX 50hr service #6  
Yes engine oil and filter change also.

/ NX 50hr service #7  
Drive your tractor up on 4x4 blocks to get some extra space on the underside. Even though it doesn't recommend it, I changed out the engine oil and filter to get Rotella T6 synthetic 5W40 into my tractor.

/ NX 50hr service #8  
Throw a big piece of cardboard under the tractor to make it easy to slide in and out while working underneath.

/ NX 50hr service
Thanks for the feedback, folks!

I just looked in the Owner's Manual and found that it too doesn't specify changing engine oil and filter. I've got time to ponder: have two cars to work on before my work bay is available for the tractor work; also waiting on my new drain pan to get delivered. New garage, now I can actually work on a smooth surface (now have a creeper :D), and out of the rain!

Are the transmission/HST filters and engine oil filters only available through Kioti?

/ NX 50hr service #10  
I just double checked in my manual, not only does it state to change oil and filter at 50 hrs , it has a side note that says MUST BE DONE. A simple phone call to the dealer would be in order so you know for sure.