NX 50hr service

/ NX 50hr service #21  
OK, "completed." I only managed to get about 1 1/2 gallons of fluid in the front axle (specs show 1.85) and now I see I'm a bit high (so will have to drain some out). I let the fluid drain for quite a long time (barely a drip out of either side). Any ideas about this discrepancy?

Anyone running across this in preparation of their 50hr service ought to be prepared to have to apply massive amount of force to get the various filters removed. Some claim it's because of Kioti painting the filters, but the oil filter was as overly-torqued as the hydraulic filters and it, the oil filter, is/was not painted.

The hydraulic filters come off using a Vise-Grip type chain wrench. My standard band style oil filter wrench would not grab onto the smaller hydro filter, It just slipped around it. The bigger hydro filter got dented taking that one off with the chain wrench. They both were very tight.

/ NX 50hr service #22  
OK, "completed." I only managed to get about 1 1/2 gallons of fluid in the front axle (specs show 1.85) and now I see I'm a bit high (so will have to drain some out). I let the fluid drain for quite a long time (barely a drip out of either side). Any ideas about this discrepancy?

Today I drained out my NX4510 front axle and only got 5 quarts out of it. My tractor was on flat ground when I drained the two plugs. I put a gallon in and the oil is up the top of the hole. I'll wait a few days for the oil to drain down into the knuckles before I top mine off. My manual says it takes 1.8 gallons. Hhmmm

/ NX 50hr service #24  
My NX4510HST had hydraulic fluid in the front axle. It poured right out.
I believe mine came with hydraulic fluid it the front axle from the factory (hard to remember for sure, my 50 hour service was done 15-16 years ago)
I switched mine to gear oil in the front axle at the first service. That's what I've been running since.

/ NX 50hr service #25  
I believe mine came with hydraulic fluid it the front axle from the factory (hard to remember for sure, my 50 hour service was done 15-16 years ago)
I switched mine to gear oil in the front axle at the first service. That's what I've been running since.

I also installed gear oil in my front axle. I build machinery for a living and gear oil is much better to use than hydraulic fluid in a situation like this.

/ NX 50hr service
Jim, thanks for the recommendation on the chain wrench. Seems that I have most everything except one of those!

/ NX 50hr service #27  
Jim, thanks for the recommendation on the chain wrench. Seems that I have most everything except one of those!

You are most welcome. I bought my chain wrench to remove the hydro filter on my old Cub Cadet. I could not for the life of me get it off any other way. Harbor Freight sells them for cheap money.