NX5510 initial observations

/ NX5510 initial observations #11  
I too was surprised how bright the stock worklights are, but that won't stop me from replacing them with LED. I already have LED's for the front, just need to install them. They'll be brighter yet than the halogens, plus less amp draw.

/ NX5510 initial observations
Rocky, what LED units did you get to replace the OEM?

/ NX5510 initial observations #13  
   / NX5510 initial observations #14  
I had bought them on amazon and used them on my Mahindra for a while. They're 12 LED spot lights, I actually haven't verified to see if they'll fit but I'm pretty sure they will. Its these: Amazon.com: KAWELL® CM-SJ3660C Latest Off Road ATV 36w 60 Degree 12LEDs Flood Beam Light Bar 4x4 Jeep Polaris Offroad Tractor Marine Truck Raptor Super Bright for Jeep/truck/atv/suv: Automotive
I bought the exact same lights (4 front and rear)as RockyNY did they are great LEDs for the money.

/ NX5510 initial observations #15  
Dean,

Congrats on the new tractor and thanks for the detailed review. I'm currently considering an NX4510.

i saw one today in person for the first time today and noticed the rear fenders were plastic. Does yours have the plastic fenders and if so are you concerned with their durability?

/ NX5510 initial observations #16  
It's funny, I bought my NX without ever even seeing one in person, because the local dealers didn't have any available. When mine arrived, I was surprised that it had plastic fenders. Not disappointed, just surprised. The John Deere I was looking at (and would have bought, if the price was right) had plastic fenders. For me personally, it's a non-issue, both styles have pros and cons. The fenders on the Kioti seem very sturdy, I think it would take a pretty serious hit to damage them.

/ NX5510 initial observations
Peter,

Yes, plastic fenders. They look sturdy enough to me, a thick gauge. Time and use will tell the rest of the story.

Dean

/ NX5510 initial observations #18  
The Fuel tank is my primary concern. There needs to be some sort of optional 'Guard kit" that can be purchased to add onto the tractors that will be subject to heavy rotary (Bush Hog) applications. I think that the plastic fenders will be a non issue, also wish there were a couple of cub-beys in the cab area and a tool box would be very useful

/ NX5510 initial observations #19  
DeanFM, re: the difficult range selection. I often find my 2011 DK35SE is difficult to change the range. However, the operator's manual notes that can be expected and says to slightly depress the forward pedal while changing the range. That does work very well for my tractor. I don't know if the recommendation is the same for the NX series.

Out of curiosity (I'm not planning to buy) I stopped by my Kioti dealer's after hours the other day to take a look at the NX's. Whether a real concern for damage or not, I thought the gas tank's exposure and lack of protection creates a bad first impression. I think Kioti should offer something to protect it. That said, I like the accessibility of the tank much better than my DK's under the hood design.

Additional comment added:
Another negative impression for the NX vs DK for me was the drawbar design. To me, the NX drawbar and surrounding components look less robust than that DK series and the new Kioti RX series. It may not be an issue but it left a negative impression for me.

Last edited:
   / NX5510 initial observations #20  
Just brought home a NX5510 HST-Cab, (options are filled R-4s and 3rdFV).

I haven't been tractor looking for a few months and was surprised to see you got a third function valve? Last I knew it was not available at all from the manufacturer. Or is this a dealer rolling his own? If that's a mfg option, Kioti is back on my short list.