NX5510 initial observations

/ NX5510 initial observations #21  
I haven't been tractor looking for a few months and was surprised to see you got a third function valve? Last I knew it was not available at all from the manufacturer. Or is this a dealer rolling his own? If that's a mfg option, Kioti is back on my short list.

Third function is generally an aftermarket device, at least for Kioti. There are a number of well tested options. WRLong is well respected and reliable if a bit pricey.

/ NX5510 initial observations #22  
I just bought all the pieces and put my own together on my NX, turned out really nice.

/ NX5510 initial observations #23  
Additional comment added:
Another negative impression for the NX vs DK for me was the drawbar design. To me, the NX drawbar and surrounding components look less robust than that DK series and the new Kioti RX series. It may not be an issue but it left a negative impression for me.

Odd remark considering that the CAT 2 on my NX (only on the NX5510 and NX6010) is more robust than the DX CAT 1 set up. What is an issue for the NX5510 and NX6010 is that a standard SpeeCo CAT 2 quick hitch will not fit between the fenders. Deere mounts their fenders forward enough so a quick hitch cannot tag the rear fenders, and i haven't looked at other brands to see if they accommodate this or not.

10434000_10202484089883041_1697047781002839996_n.jpg

/ NX5510 initial observations
I had the WR Long installed by the dealer. Had the same model on my last tractor, it seems to be a nice product. I use a grapple a great deal.

Having said that, the WR long comes with its own FEL control handle which replaces the Kioti stock handle. It has an integrated rocker switch at the thumb rest. The WR Long handle is basic looking when compared to the very ergonomic handle stock from Kioti. Also, they run the electrical connection down the side of the support arm with zip ties. When I get some free time (my schedule shows an opening in year 2065), I will modify the original Kioti handle to accept the WR Long rocker switch, swap it, and try to route the cable down through the support instead of outside of it. This will not add any functionality, but will look a little neater to me.

It would be ideal if Kioti had their own OEM 3FV, but that has been discussed in other threads.

/ NX5510 initial observations #25  
I really liked the looks and feel of the original kioti loader handle , but instead of modifying it I bought the john deere with the switches in it. Same shape as the kioti one.

Attachments

• image-3306522934.jpg
    image-3306522934.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 232
   / NX5510 initial observations #26  
They are turbocharged, but for some reason Kioti lists them all as "Aspiration: Natural" on the website.

The fenders I looked at were steel, but had plastic ends... I think? IMO, plastic for fenders is not a bad idea... they won't rust when they're hit with non-stop rocks/etc. on the bottom. Probably a lot cheaper to replace too.

/ NX5510 initial observations #27  
I really liked the looks and feel of the original kioti loader handle , but instead of modifying it I bought the john deere with the switches in it. Same shape as the kioti one.

Have a part #? How much did that cost?

/ NX5510 initial observations #28  
I'll have to find the parts list, you have to buy this one as individual pieces and put it together yourself it's only three pieces, the two handle halves and the switch assembly. And 3-4 screws. This one is the two button switch, they do make a three button switch and that can be purchase as a "kit" but I don't have the part number. The two button cost me around 89 dollars.

/ NX5510 initial observations #29  
I had the WR Long installed by the dealer. Had the same model on my last tractor, it seems to be a nice product. I use a grapple a great deal.

Having said that, the WR long comes with its own FEL control handle which replaces the Kioti stock handle. It has an integrated rocker switch at the thumb rest. The WR Long handle is basic looking when compared to the very ergonomic handle stock from Kioti. Also, they run the electrical connection down the side of the support arm with zip ties. When I get some free time (my schedule shows an opening in year 2065), I will modify the original Kioti handle to accept the WR Long rocker switch, swap it, and try to route the cable down through the support instead of outside of it. This will not add any functionality, but will look a little neater to me.

It would be ideal if Kioti had their own OEM 3FV, but that has been discussed in other threads.

The Kioti lever is solid bar stock.