oat hay Baling issues

/ oat hay Baling issues
Jim I can see how compressors like the ones in that pick would really help mine just go straight to the auger from the bar

/ oat hay Baling issues #22  
I think I'd try making the the bales shorter. Maybe around 30".

/ oat hay Baling issues
hopefully these pics work they are all i have on the camera right now and i get to show off my wife and kids

Attachments

• DSC_0540.jpg
    DSC_0540.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC_0536.jpg
    DSC_0536.jpg
    854.3 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_0509.jpg
    DSC_0509.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 514
  • DSC_0530.jpg
    DSC_0530.jpg
    983.1 KB · Views: 1,198
Last edited:
   / oat hay Baling issues #24  
Wow I can't imagine anyone wanting to handle a 90 lb. bale ;-)

/ oat hay Baling issues
thats light for out here! our normal bales in these parts are 3 twine 90-140+ bales for alfalfa

/ oat hay Baling issues #26  
thats light for out here! our normal bales in these parts are 3 twine 90-140+ bales for alfalfa

I can't understand bailing them that heavy. It seems much more efficent to make them small enough that one man can handle them without having to pay a chiropractor.

/ oat hay Baling issues #28  
I can't understand bailing them that heavy. It seems much more efficent to make them small enough that one man can handle them without having to pay a chiropractor.

My neighbor baled his irrigated alfalfa 3-twine, 100-120 lb bales. His customers complained about the weight so he changed to 2-twine 45-55 lb bales. Even then he was losing money what with the cost of consumables (irrigation water, fuel, fertilizer, etc). So he ripped his fields last fall, leveled them and planted a plum tree orchard for prunes (aka dried plums) last month. Sunsweet pays better than the alfalfa buyers.

/ oat hay Baling issues
The 36 inch works well for me for stacking. I really am not bothered by the weight I was hoping for 75 but

/ oat hay Baling issues #30  
The 36 inch works well for me for stacking. I really am not bothered by the weight I was hoping for 75 but
Long bales should stack better. I suggested shortening them in hopes they'd hold together.