Off centerline pulling

/ Off centerline pulling #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Not a tractor, but an illustration of a possible danger caused by pulling at an angle.

36 second video:

Bruce

/ Off centerline pulling #2  
I would have hated to be the guy that came up with this idea. And, no doubt, there was someone with more experience saying not to do this.

/ Off centerline pulling #5  
I leave you alone with the crew for ten minutes and see what happens?

/ Off centerline pulling #6  
They didnt have a choice really -- the track just curves right in video. I agree - there must be a better way -- expensive lesson learned

/ Off centerline pulling #8  
Totallydifferent circumstances than backing a tractor up @ an angle to another stuck tractor and pulling. Sometimes sharp angle pulling is the only way to get a larger machine out with a smaller one.

/ Off centerline pulling #9  
I would have hated to be the guy that came up with this idea. And, no doubt, there was someone with more experience saying not to do this.

And someone probably got fired for it too!

But, that is what I call an "exercise in futility"! I don't know what they were hoping to accomplish by simply dragging the car up closer to the tracks. It would have still taken a crane to get it back on track, so they should have just gotten a crane in the first place. Bet they will next time lol.

I wonder how long those diesel engines ran before they were either shut down, blew up, or else they hydrolocked (whichever came first)?

/ Off centerline pulling #10  
It'd be ironic if the original accident was caused by the cars stringlining that curve.