Off centerline pulling

/ Off centerline pulling #11  
Plan B ???

/ Off centerline pulling #12  
and first few seconds, i saw the cable twist, and what looked like a one of the strands of the cable went loose... i thought cable was all going to break and whip.

/ Off centerline pulling #13  
When I saw them cleanup a derailed train cars they used a crane.

/ Off centerline pulling #14  
Looking closely, it looks almost like the rail on the inside of the curve broke or came off of the crossties. If you watch closely, it looks to me like the engine started to slide sideways, then the front wheels caught in the dirt and the other engines pulled it over.

Aaron Z

/ Off centerline pulling #15  
If you take a perfectly fine locomotive out and then somehow flop the pesky thing on its side you may want to consider a different way of making a living.

/ Off centerline pulling #16  
If you take a perfectly fine locomotive out and then somehow flop the pesky thing on its side you may want to consider a different way of making a living.

yeah that was pretty much a disaster, and I am not sure what they thought they were going to accomplish anyway..What was the end result supposed to be?

/ Off centerline pulling #17  
I wonder if any of the participants have:

1) Left to spend more time with family.
2) Left to pursue other interests.
3) Accepted a position of increased authority and visibility.

/ Off centerline pulling #18  
Or accepted the fact they made "A career limiting decision."

If the RR in question was Amtrak, then I'd say option 3 applied.

/ Off centerline pulling #19  
Also, if that pull line had parted, we would have seen several guys cut in half too..This thing was a cluster from the get go..

James K0UA

/ Off centerline pulling #20  
Would have helped to take a few hours & drag out & set up a snatch block to get a straight pull.
There's never time do do it right, but there's always time to fix the FUBAR and then do it the right way.