Off Topic -Pellet Stoves

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #51  
Man that is a sweet deal having bulk pellet fuel delivered Phil! :thumbsup:

I tried to get a local alfalfa feed pellet maker that was doing a half ceder wood half corn pellet (burned awesome!!!) in their off season to let me take my grain cart to get filled and they wouldn't do it for some odd reason only wanted to sell by the bag/pallet. :(

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #52  
A long metal screw in a black plastic pipe actuated by an electric motor at the back of the burner collects the pellets falling through a slit at the bottom of the silo and feeds them into the combustion chamber. The motor is turned on as soon as fuel is needed. The silo is on the right of picture one. This screw can be curved to some extent to fit your lay out.

That has to be the nicest urility room / furnace room floor I've ever seen.... You prople in France do it right.....:):thumbsup:

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #53  
Man that is a sweet deal having bulk pellet fuel delivered Phil! :thumbsup:

I tried to get a local alfalfa feed pellet maker that was doing a half ceder wood half corn pellet (burned awesome!!!) in their off season to let me take my grain cart to get filled and they wouldn't do it for some odd reason only wanted to sell by the bag/pallet. :(

Perfectly understandable looking it as a for profit business. Why sell in bulk loads when bagged and palletized, the profit margin is so much better.

I've considered a pelletizing mill on more than one ocassion myself, or a briquetting mill. Old alfalfa hay makes great pellets too.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #54  
ok, being from Texas, theres not much demand for a pellet stove... Do they work the same way as my pellet grille?

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #55  
ok, being from Texas, theres not much demand for a pellet stove... Do they work the same way as my pellet grille?

With the supposed climate change, it may snow in Texas....lol

Lets see, you have a Treager I presume and yes, the pellet stoves and the Traeger are similar but you use special hickory pellets.

Traeger made pellet stoves at one time and may yet.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #56  
Perfectly understandable looking it as a for profit business. Why sell in bulk loads when bagged and palletized, the profit margin is so much better.

I've considered a pelletizing mill on more than one ocassion myself, or a briquetting mill. Old alfalfa hay makes great pellets too.

Yeah I realize that 5030 I see a sale as a sale but others have different ideas.

I know for me and my wife anyway after unloading and stacking 2 tons every year in the garage and then wagging 40lb sacks in all winter that filling a 5 gal pail with a nice handle out of the cart is so dang much easier on the body I can dream. :D

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #57  
Lets see, you have a Treager I presume and yes, the pellet stoves and the Traeger are similar but you use special hickory pellets.

Traeger made pellet stoves at one time and may yet.

The food standard for pellet fuel is that they only use 100% pure wood and no glues etc and the lube they use on the extruders is food grade oil. fyi

Traegers are made in China now btw quality is pretty poor from what they were when they came from Oregon they still work the same though jmho.

(I have pellet smokers also one is a competition model and have used premium grade Oak pellet heating fuel in my smoker with no ill effects not recommending it but $4 vs $20 is tempting...) :laughing:

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #58  
Quadrafires stoves are top quality. A little pricy but you get what you pay for. That Quadrafire Mt Vernon is a beast of a stove. I have a USSC model 6220 Pellet furnace that Im currently using. It only blows in my basement. The heat just naturaly rises and keeps the upstairs 65 degrees. Its nice walking on warm floors.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #59  
Yeah I realize that 5030 I see a sale as a sale but others have different ideas.

I know for me and my wife anyway after unloading and stacking 2 tons every year in the garage and then wagging 40lb sacks in all winter that filling a 5 gal pail with a nice handle out of the cart is so dang much easier on the body I can dream. :D

I'm the same way. It's all a matter of economy of scale. Don't think foir a minute that I don't prefer to have the co-op feed truck auger in a couple hundered bushels of cleaned feed corn into one of my GSI grain tanks so I can go out with the FEL loaded with 5 gallon buckets and offload 10 or so and set them on the deck for later instead of doing the 40 pound plastic bag of pellets off a skid, up the stairs and in the house, but, the pellet fuel is appreciably cheaper this year so it's a bit more work than last year.... but appreciably less expensive.

Bottom line is anyone who has a bio-fuel appliance as a heat source is all about economy of scale, has a set amount of money to spend on heat or is downright cheap and I fill all 3 slots nicely.

If I was a fat cat with steel hinges on my wallet, I'd crank the central heat to 75 and keep the propane man in the green, not a bad idea actually. The owner of the propane company I deal with, I also hunt with......:)

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #60  
The food standard for pellet fuel is that they only use 100% pure wood and no glues etc and the lube they use on the extruders is food grade oil. fyi

Traegers are made in China now btw quality is pretty poor from what they were when they came from Oregon they still work the same though jmho.

(I have pellet smokers also one is a competition model and have used premium grade Oak pellet heating fuel in my smoker with no ill effects not recommending it but $4 vs $20 is tempting...) :laughing:

I didn't know any of that. I knew the pellets were different but exactly how, I wan't aware of.

I see Cabelas sells the Traeger in the catalog and in the store and they are expensive. I prefer charcoal grilled meat anyway. I have a Brinkman, one of the super heavy duty 1/8" thick plate ones that will outlast me.

I'm a bit bummed to learn the Trager is now Chi-Com. Bet the price didn't come down a penny.....:(