Off Topic -Pellet Stoves

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #61  
Quadrafires stoves are top quality. A little pricy but you get what you pay for. That Quadrafire Mt Vernon is a beast of a stove. I have a USSC model 6220 Pellet furnace that Im currently using. It only blows in my basement. The heat just naturaly rises and keeps the upstairs 65 degrees. Its nice walking on warm floors.

You need good heat in Lakeview. We have 165 acres in Mecosta County and it snows a bunch there....

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #63  
...and I'll be up there between the 19th and the 1st of January for anterless doe extended season on private land. I have 2 unfilled tags..

Think I'll take my Savage .338 Lapua....

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #64  
...and I'll be up there between the 19th and the 1st of January for anterless doe extended season on private land. I have 2 unfilled tags..

Think I'll take my Savage .338 Lapua....

Thats quit a drive from Monroe county.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #65  
Southeast Monroe County to be exact. 4 hours give or take, usually with a stop for lunch. I know every good beanery between here and there....

The Nugents (as in Ted's brother) are my neighbors and they put on the best deer camp around. I got to shoot the .338 Lapua that belongs to one of the Nugents at deer camp this year and I had to have one so 'santa' dropped one early at my house. I'll be taking it along..... Hope my shoulder survives....:)

We usually take one evening and go into BR and have a sit down dinner at a local eatery. Otherwise, it's elk chili or venison roast.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #66  
Southeast Monroe County to be exact. 4 hours give or take, usually with a stop for lunch. I know every good beanery between here and there....

The Nugents (as in Ted's brother) are my neighbors and they put on the best deer camp around. I got to shoot the .338 Lapua that belongs to one of the Nugents at deer camp this year and I had to have one so 'santa' dropped one early at my house. I'll be taking it along..... Hope my shoulder survives....:)

We usually take one evening and go into BR and have a sit down dinner at a local eatery. Otherwise, it's elk chili or venison roast.

Wow, You're pretty lucky!! You picked a good area to hunt too. Theres alot of deer around Montcalm and Mecosta county. Im stuck with my old Remington .270. Gets the job done. Before that I used a Savage Model 99.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #67  
Don't know about luck, I married into the property, it's my wife's family's summer place and I'm the only hunter of the bunch.

It's unlimited hunting with any caliber up to and including (I presume, a howitzer) if you could shoulder it.......:laughing:

Nice being above M46. The DNR population map for DMU 486 shows 40+ per square mile in Mecosta County and I believe that. I never see a lone animal. Always in groups of 3 or more, sometimes over 10.

Will be doing extended anterless over the holidays. Mr. Lapua and I will be communing.

Good 'shrooms' too. I picked 2 shopping bags full last year, mostly blacks. I have lots of 'friends' down here in May.....

My good hunting friends went last weekend....yesterday they came back. Got nothing, actually could have but chance prevailed again. How about leaning your muzzleloader against a tree and putting your hands in your pockets because it's 9 degrees out, dozing for a minute, turning and looking into the snout of an 8 point a couple feet away.... That's bad lluck at it's best...or worst....:(

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #68  
Don't know about luck, I married into the property, it's my wife's family's summer place and I'm the only hunter of the bunch.

It's unlimited hunting with any caliber up to and including (I presume, a howitzer) if you could shoulder it.......:laughing:

Nice being above M46. The DNR population map for DMU 486 shows 40+ per square mile in Mecosta County and I believe that. I never see a lone animal. Always in groups of 3 or more, sometimes over 10.

Will be doing extended anterless over the holidays. Mr. Lapua and I will be communing.

Good 'shrooms' too. I picked 2 shopping bags full last year, mostly blacks. I have lots of 'friends' down here in May.....

My good hunting friends went last weekend....yesterday they came back. Got nothing, actually could have but chance prevailed again. How about leaning your muzzleloader against a tree and putting your hands in your pockets because it's 9 degrees out, dozing for a minute, turning and looking into the snout of an 8 point a couple feet away.... That's bad lluck at it's best...or worst....:(

Im a coon hunter. Last night was a good night. Shot a few big keepers. This area has the best coon hunting in Michigan. Like you, I married into 160 acres of woods up in Harrison MI. Its the family hangout in the summer. But the deer hunting is so good around here that I dont even bother going up there during season. Shooms are always plentifull in Harrison though.

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #69  
I can hunt coons right of my deck down here. Actually, they come up on the deck in search of cat food. I eliminate at least a dozen every year in the haybarn. I used to live trap them and turn them loose in the state game area about 8 miles from here but anymore, I just pop em with a .223.

Got a seroius opossum problem here too. Thay are hard to eliminate but I found a trick if you will. I take a .22 pistol loaded with Agulia Hyper Velocity 22 lr's and walk right up to them. They will turn around and show their rumps. I kneel down and drill them in the rump. One shot. No blood, nothing, They just die and I toss 'em in the cornfield.

A headshot on a 'possum is nothing but messy and gawd are they ugly.....:)

/ Off Topic -Pellet Stoves #70  
You prople in France do it right.....:):thumbsup:

Not quite right ! These pellet systems are still rather new here and the installers are not yet familiar with all the details. They are coming back next month to plug the hot water pump in the right circuit this time so that we get hot water immediately at the tap and don't have to wait and waste water.