Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson"

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #1  

Felix

Tractor
Branson 3510 4X4
Oh My! My wife said \"Go get the Branson\"

My wife and I have been going back and forth on which compact tractor to get for about a month now. She was partial to a crate Jinma she saw on the web. I'm not sure if it was the price of the Jinma or having to put it together that appealed to her more (my wife is an engineer and thinks stuff like that is "fun"). I, on the other hand, just want a good reliable tractor that works hard and gets sent to the dealer when it doesn't.

School tuition for the youngins kept us from seriously looking at the big three. How can such little kids cost so much? I'm terrified to even think about college tuition.

So we agreed on the Branson. Liked the specs. Liked the price. I need some advice though, and lurking here has convinced me that this is the place to get it. Here's the dilemma: We can get the 3510 and a Frey? FEL for under $15,600 (not counting taxes, dealer prep and other assorted fees). We can get the 3520 with an FEL for a little under $17,000. Is it worth the extra cash to move to the 3520?

Additional information- We're on a hilly 8.5 acres but only 4 or so are cleared (or used to be). We're going to be using the tractor for bushogging, mowing, moving rocks, grading a fairly steep driveway, putting in foundations for outbuildings and moving quite a few rocks.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #2  
Re: Oh My! My wife said \"Go get the Branson\"

Congrats on the new Branson, it should be a great tractor for you.

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson"

Thanks!

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #4  

Lot of ground engaging that will be going on. I vote for the heavier of the two, the 3520. I think the tires are bigger, which will allow more ballast in them for more stability.

I'm sure your neighbor 19thVA will jump in, as well! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mark

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #5  

Those prices sound a little high. Earlier this year I bought a 3520 with the BL-20 loader, R4s, rear remotes, and a HD Rollins box blade for $16,600 delivered.

How far are you from the Knoxville area? The local dealer told me he can sell to VA customers and deliver up there.

One of the reasons I went with the 3520 was the better specs of the BL-20 loader versus the BL-10 which fits the 3510. I'm not familiar with the Frey loaders, but Jonathon (19th_VA) has looked at them and indicated he thought they weren't on a par with the BL-20 (Ansung).

SnowRidge

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #6  

Hi neighbor! The 3520 is essentially the same tractor as the 3510 with a few frame modifications to accomodate larger tires and a wider stance. I imagine you're dealing with Kevin from Charlottesville Power. I personally am skeptical about the frey loader, though I have not used it. If it were me, I would insist on an Ansung loader. Ask him for the specs on both and compare them. I believe the Ansung is superior.

$15,600 seems like too much for the 3510 with the <font color="red"> frey</font> loader. Which loader would the 3520 have? The 3520 price is in the ballpark of what it should be, assuming its the Ansung loader. You can probably get him down to $16,500. Don't tell him you talked to me though! The wider stance should be advantageous for your hilly land.

Kevin is a good man to buy from, imho. Ask if he can get Midwest implements! (He may look at you funny--I'm trying to talk him into becoming a Midwest dealer). His implement prices are pretty good, but I was not happy with the quality availability. Depends on how heavy duty you need stuff to be--I went with heavy stuff because my land is a jungle.

By the way, there is no comparison between a Jinma and Branson, which is comparable to the big three. Let us know what you decide, or if you have further questions. Do you work for U.Va?

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #7  

Hi neighbor too!
I think the 3510 would be fine for your needs. About price. $15,600 does sound high. especially considering that you are going to have to pay additional set up fees, taxes, and maybe even delivery charges. You will also have to arrange you own financing. No incentives from Branson. You may also have to pay transportation charges for future service, if required. I was just kicking tires today at C'ville Power Equipment today. Branson makes a good looking unit with good specs. features. I spoke with their salesman on the phone a couple of weeks ago. Nice guy, very informative. It might be helpfull if you can get a price for that unit with tax, delivered and field ready. For the real "delivered" price you might be suprised to find out that there is competition from Kioti, Deere, and Kubota if you are open to other choices for a comparable unit. You might try Tractor Hill, Mineral VA-Kioti- Bill Towsey-, or Outback Motor Sports, Monroe VA, near Amherst VA-Deere- Chris Bryant-, or Taylor-Forbes, Farmville, VA- Kubota- Mike Scott- to do some comparison shopping. The price I got from Outback Motor Sports on a 4310 Deere, MFWD, Sync Shift, oversized R1's with ballast, 420 loader was the best deal for me. Of course you are the one who will be in the seat for many years to come so by all means get what you like best. Good luck in your shopping.

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #8  

Just so you know, I can guarantee you Kevin will not charge delivery or set up fees, though he will have no choice about tax, which is 4.5%. He delivered mine, all the way to Lexington, free of charge, and showed me how to use it for as long as I wanted, also no charge. Very service oriented.

The price may be a bit high, but remember Bransons are selling like hotcakes, so I think the prices have crept up some, and will continue to do so. Still an excellent value. I just looked at LMTC's site and his prices are similar, though I suspect the loader is an Ansung. LMTC is run by an honest guy, who does not gouge people. Here's a link, if you want to see for yourself.
LMTC

How about Dave from Dave' tractor--what do you think about that price in the current climate?

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson"

"I believe the Ansung is super"

Indeed. So do I. I paid Charlottesville Power Equipment a visit today and got a closer look at the Frey loader. The bucket seemed kinda thin. I was a little disappointed.

"Let us know what you decide, or if you have further questions. Do you work for U.Va?"

Indeed. I work over at the Cooper Center and have traded emails with you a couple of times. I thought I was all set to buy, but the responses I have received in this thread regarding price have caused me to pause.

I like Charlottesville Power Equipment because the dealer doesn't seem like an idiot or crook. That has not been my experience in total. I must say though, that price does matter. I guess I have more research to do.

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #10  

Well, I don't think your prices are too bad, actually, though I know others disagreed. Check out LMTC's site and you'll see they are not too far off. You might try private messaging Dave from Dave's tractors and get his opinion (he's a Branson dealer, albeit in California). I think Kevin will deal and hopefully be able to get you the Ansung loader. The closest other Branson dealer is Culpeper. There are some Century dealers close by--one of whom is a total unknown and just bought a large inventory from another dealer, who I would not recommend. PM me about that. Good luck and don't despair--I think you're pretty close. You might stop by Piedmont tractors and check out the 4310 with comparable features and I'll bet you'll feel better about the price /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Or maybe you'll be a proud new J.D. owner! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif