Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson"

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #11  
Re: Oh My! My wife said \"Go get the Branson\"

Guess I should qualify my question about the price. From the other posts you've gotten it looks like it's about what you can expect to pay for a Branson. I was referring to prices of other comparable manufacturers. It's also good to have a favorable report from a satisfied customer of Charlottesville Power who also has good info on the loader choices. I am very biased toward dealing locally although there are many posts from satisfied buyers who bought from a distant dealer. If you price a JD4310 from Peidmont in C'ville I'll bet you get a quote well over $17K. They were the highest price Deere dealer of the four that I got quotes from in our area. I really enjoyed going to several dealers of several different tractor brands and driving them all. I learned a lot in the process. That may seem like a big pain in the arse to you. There is nothing wrong with just saying, I like Branson, I like the dealer, I'm buying one now. At the risk of offending the Chineese owners on this board I'll say a Branson is a much safer bet that a Farm Pro from Homier or Northern Hydraulics. Of course if you buy one and get it delivered this week I will be jealous. I've got two weeks to go before my Deere ships from Georgia

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #12  

Allright, Jimmy fess up. What'd you get and how much did you pay for it? And congrats. Don't feel bad, though. I had to wait for months after I knew exactly which tractor was going to be mine (long story). And don't forget pics!

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson"

Thanks SnowRidge, JimmyD, markie61 and 19th VA. Your comments are helpful. I'm still hot on the Branson 3510, just need to get back with the dealer and TALK.

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #14  

I went with a JD4310, sync shift, oversized 6 ply R1's with fluid in rears, 420 loader with toothbar. The price was right in there with the Branson. I feel a bit ackward on this as I haven't asked him if it's OK for me to publish a quote in an open forum. My dealer, Outback Motor Sports, is also a neighbor of mine which I think helped on my final price but I know he is really selling Deeres at prices that are beating the pants off of places like Piedmont tractor. I think he sold nine tractors last week. The Branson has advantage in weight and a bit higher horsepower. The Deere has an advantage in a bit better specs on hydraulics and live PTO. The Branson has only an over running clutch. That is a big deal to me. Also the great retained value of a Deere is known. Also Green and Yellow are the Nelson County school colors. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got to make a fashion ststement you know. The Bransons retained value is a question mark. The most important thing to me was that I know my dealer and trust him to do right by me. His dealership is also the closest to me. final analysis. Green or Red. Both are winners and both cost more than I wanted to pay.

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #15  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Deere has an advantage in a bit better specs on hydraulics and live PTO. The Branson has only an over running clutch. That is a big deal to me. )</font>

I think you are mistaken, JimmyD. What Branson were you considering that did not have a live PTO? As far as I know, they all have live PTO. Mine 3520 certainly does. BTW, according to a dealer web site I looked at, the JD4310 has independent PTO, not live PTO.

In any event, good luck with the new tractor.

SnowRidge

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #16  

I am mistaken. Sorry for the misleading and incorrect comment. The Branson 3510 lists a live pto <font color="red"> </font> an overriding clutch as standard equipment on their web site and the Deere is an independent pto. Think I'll read a bit more carefully before I shoot my mouth off next time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #17  

Well, sounds like you got a good deal, and the dealer is definitely more important than the color. My understanding is that rear work lights and draft control and a grill guard are extra on a deere. I am I correct, here?

/ Oh My! My wife said "Go get the Branson" #18  

A grill guard is a standard part of the loader package but not on the base tractor on a Deere 4310. Draft control and rear work lights are options that cost extra. I may add a rear work light but it's rare for me to be on my tractor after dark. A work light is about $40.00 from Deere/ $20.00 from Tractor supply. I don't know what the draft option costs on a Deere but I bet it's costly. I had a draft control on my Ford 2000 that I just sold. I never needed it as I don't run a bottom plow, etc.... Maybe it's helpful when using a tiller? Sorry for the delay in response. Got my tractor Monday night and been clocking hours on it ever since. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I discussed my "deal" with my dealer when he delivered the unit. He asked me to please not go telling everybody to expect that kind of price but he is making the established dealers in Lynchburg and C'ville sweat. I believe the Branson is certainly an attractive alternative to Deere, Kubota, or New Holland. I'd be suprised if Bransons end up like the Belarus and other lines that pulled out of the USA market. I'm reading reports on this board that say their sales are booming. BTW congratrs to all of you happy B/C owners on your new forum.