Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #21  
I am resurrecting this thread as I am presently shopping for a toothbar for my B2320 and am confused. This thread seems to be say Iowa Farms and WR Long are the same, but what I am finding is flat toothbars @ WR Long and regular toothbars at Iowa Farm Equipment. :confused2:

I am really leaning toward the flat toothbar from WR Long......comments?

I have both for my 72" HD round back bucket on my MX5100. The regular toothbar is great, tough, and very functional. I had them fabricate a 72" flat toothbar for me that has limited functionality. I like it because I can back drag with it on the bucket without leaving ridges in the soil. However, it is not a good general purpose toothbar. I have popped teeth off it on numerous occasions and it will not sustain the stresses associated with general usage. It is great for leveling soil that is not too heavy and does not have any rocks much larger than dinner plates in size. Due to the construction characteristics the teeth cannot stand the pressure stresses involved. In a lower power, shorter bar application it might be more appropriate (durable). But, given my experiences I cannot recommend it for general purpose use. The Iowa Farms people are very helpful and accommodating and easy to deal with. Their shipping is reasonable and fast and their support is good. I hope this helps.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #22  
I am resurrecting this thread as I am presently shopping for a toothbar for my B2320 and am confused. This thread seems to be say Iowa Farms and WR Long are the same, but what I am finding is flat toothbars @ WR Long and regular toothbars at Iowa Farm Equipment. :confused2:

I am really leaning toward the flat toothbar from WR Long......comments?

I believe WR Long is the mfg and Iowa Farm Equipment is a dealer of the WR Long products.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #23  
I believe WR Long is the mfg and Iowa Farm Equipment is a dealer of the WR Long products.

Yes, you are correct and not all of the toothbars that they offer and sell are manufactured by WR Long.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #24  
W.R. Long currently makes Flat Tooth Bars - FTB - that are made for skid steers and sub compact tractors. They are made in widths 44-60 inches and are made for use in up to 1500 pounds capacity. Conventional Tooth Bars - TB - are made in lengths of 44-84 inches. There are heavier Industrial Tooth Bars available. Here is the link to the website. I bought a new Tooth Bar from W.R.Long about a month ago. It is made for a 72 inch bucket and has eight teeth with up to 3500 pound capacity. W.R.Long the 4N1 Bucket People

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #25  
I have a regular toothbar, on a 54 inch bucket. No problems. For snow, I take it off, so that I can scrape the crete better. The toothbar is really good for dirtwork, and I haven't had any problems with it. I bought it from Iowa Farm Equipment.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #26  
Thanks to all for the replies. I am now the regular may be my best bet because as 300UGUY stated it can be removed. I am digging out a bank where I plan to build my barn and where I am moving the dirt will not require any back dragging that needs to be smooth. The two trees in the second photo are down now, so there are a couple more stumps to remove. Fortunately there are smaller than the one in the third photo.:thumbsup:

BTW KYDAN What is the plane that is your avatar? I am also a private pilot.

Attachments

• DSCN2562.jpg
    DSCN2562.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN2552.jpg
    DSCN2552.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN3378 A.jpg
    DSCN3378 A.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 270
   / Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #28  
I had a tooth break on a WR long toothbar, also purchased from Iowa Farms. I called WR Long and they told me to go have it welded back on and they'd reimburse me. They paid pronto, no questions asked. I'd definitely buy from them again.

/ Oh oh, Iowa Farms Flat Tooth bar #29  
Thanks to all for the replies. I am now the regular may be my best bet because as 300UGUY stated it can be removed. I am digging out a bank where I plan to build my barn and where I am moving the dirt will not require any back dragging that needs to be smooth. The two trees in the second photo are down now, so there are a couple more stumps to remove. Fortunately there are smaller than the one in the third photo.:thumbsup:

BTW KYDAN What is the plane that is your avatar? I am also a private pilot.

It's a Zenith 701, I finished building it November 2004. I now have 600 hours on it. Great STOL, I also built a private strip on my property that is now 800' X100'. When I am finished it will be slightly more than 1,000'.